7 Must-Try Starbucks 'Secret' Recipes

7 Must-Try Starbucks 'Secret' Recipes

Starbucks recipes to keep you refreshed and energized this semester.

171
7 Must-Try Starbucks 'Secret' Recipes

It's official. School has started yet again and winter break is over. As we fall back into the school routine and suffer from holiday withdrawals, we're all going to need an extra something to help us get back into the groove. For me, coffee has been the answer. If you’re bored with the same old caramel macchiato and skinny vanilla latte that you’ve been ordering every day, read on! I’ve compiled a list of the best Starbucks “secret” recipes from their secret menu to give you a sugar boost and keep you energized!

1. Cotton Candy Frappucino

This frappucino doesn’t contain caffeine, but it will surely fulfill your sweet craving and keep you energized as we start to fall back into the school routine. Simply order a tall vanilla bean frappucino and add one pump of raspberry syrup (one-and-a-half pumps for a grande and two pumps for venti). Not only is this simple drink a pretty pale-pink color, but each sip tastes like a mouthful of cotton candy.

2. Hot Butterbeer Latte

Ever wondered what Butterbeer from "Harry Potter’s" Leaky Cauldron taste like? Lucky for you, Starbucks can make a latte that tastes just like it! You no longer have to wait for the Wizarding World of "Harry Potter" to open in Universal Studios to try this magical creation! In this cold January weather, this steaming hot latte will keep you warm and toasty and keep you awake through the drag of syllabus week. Win-win!

To try this recipe, order a whole milk steamer, add caramel syrup, toffee nut syrup, and cinnamon dolce syrup (add two pumps of each type of syrup for a tall, three for grande, and four for venti). Finish the latte with whipped cream to get a nice creamy texture and taste. You can also add a shot of espresso (two for grande or venti), but this will add more of a coffee flavor to your Butterbeer.

3. Warm Sugar Cookie

Another hot option is the warm sugar cookie hot chocolate. Start with a white mocha hot chocolate and add hazelnut syrup and vanilla syrup (one pump of each syrup for tall, two for grande, and three for venti). When you receive your order, head over to the condiment bar and sprinkle some raw sugar on top to give it that extra oomph! If you prefer your beverage less sweet, you can alter the recipe by reducing the number of pumps for each of syrup by half.

4. Green Tea Kit Kat Frappucino

Matcha lovers, this green tea Kit Kat frappucino is for you! Designed to resemble the taste of those delicious little Green Tea Kit Kats, this frappucino will definitely fulfill your matcha craving. Start with a green tea frappucino and then add white mocha syrup (one pump for tall, one-and-a-half for grande and two for venti). You can also substitute soy milk for an extra kick of sweetness and add some java chips for a chocolaty crunch.

5. Teddy Grahams Frappucino

If you loved snacking on Teddy Grahams as a kid, you will love this Teddy Grahams frappucino. This frappucino is reminiscent of the honey-and-graham-cracker taste of Teddy Grahams and will transport you to your childhood. It also has caffeine and will help keep you awake and alert. Start with a coffee frappucino, add cinnamon dolce syrup (one pump for tall, two for grande, three for venti), vanilla syrup (half a pump for tall, one for grande, one-and-a-half for venti), and honey.

6. The Nutella

Who doesn’t love Nutella? This espresso drink will not only keep your tummy warm and happy, but it will be your fuel as you go for your back-to-back classes. Start with a café misto, add mocha and hazelnut syrup (add half a pump of each syrup for tall, one for grande, and one-and-a-half for venti), and ask for a caramel drizzle on top!

7. The Birthday Cake/Cake Batter Frappucino

Celebrate your birthday (or any day, really) with Starbucks' delicious cake batter frappucino! This simple frappucino is frothy, sweet and icy — perfect for keeping you refreshed! Start with a vanilla bean frappucino and then simply add hazelnut syrup (one pump for tall, one-and-a-half for grande, and two for venti). To transform your cake batter frappucino into a birthday cake frappucino, ask your barista to blend a Starbucks cake pop into your drink. Note that not all Starbucks locations will agree to do this, but some will.

So, go ahead and make your way down this list! Or find some of your own favorite secret Starbucks recipes from this website. The two convenient Starbucks locations — on campus at Trojan Grounds next to Leavey Library and off campus on Figueroa and Exposition — will help you on your quest.

*Note that all recipes were taken from Starbucks Secret Menu.