Winter break is a joyous time to relax, de-stress, and watch an abundance of Netflix. Although winter break is a great way to catch up on all the much needed sleep you've missed throughout the semester, it also tends to lose it's charm after a while of being stuck at home. There are many stages to winter break, and they can happen in any order.
Popular Right Now
1. Ahhh, it's so nice to be home
Buckingham Palace ain't got nothing on this place
2. OMG my pups!! I missed you doggos so much
Just accept my love. Pls. Love me back, I've been gone for 8 months. I'm begging.
3. Wow this queen bed is so big
*cue sleeping in a starfish position*
4. Finally a bedroom to myself
Headphones? I don't know her.
5. But wait, it's kinda scary sleeping in a dark room alone again
"Hello? Are there any ghosts in here?"
6. Sooooooo, no more meal plan?
Are you sure the local Chick-Fil-A doesn't accept meal swipes?
7. Who am I supposed to annoy at 2am if my friends don't live down the hall anymore?
2:30 AM: "Mom? Dad? Wanna go get french fries with me? Maybe watch a movie?"
"Okay maybe tomorrow...Sorry for bothering you. Okay good talk!"
8. "Mom you're going to do my laundry now, right?"
I mean it's kinda your job isn't it?
No? Okay yes ma'am I will do my own laundry no problemo, aye aye captain!
9. Me and my friends are going to spend every day together
*Me talking to myself through the camera on Snapchat*:
"So we're approaching day four with zero human interaction. Pretty good work, but we could do better!"
10. Yes, final grades are in! Can't wait to see what I got this semester!
*Slowly closes computer screen*
11. Do I really have to ask my parents to leave the house?
Mom: "HOW DARE YOU LEAVE THIS HOUSE WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION! YOU LIVE UNDER OUR ROOF AND WILL ABIDE BY OUR RULES."
Mom: "Oh honey you're an adult now, you don't have to ask! Come and go as you please!"
12. Chores? Yea no thank you.
They've been doing them without me for months. They're all set.
13. Wait, so forreal though.. do restaurants in town take my meal plan?
Bank Account: $5.93
*Whispers to worker* "I won't tell if you don't. Just swipe my school ID, see if it works."
14. Will my Juul set off the fire alarm in my bedroom?
15. I kinda underestimated how weird it would be to hang out with people from my high school again.
"Oh no you haven't changed a bit Janice! Your baby is so cute lol."
16. Why do my old friends have new friends?
I don't like this, not one bit.
17. Can they tell that I'm not really listening to their stories about school?
"Yeah haha Delta Sigma Mu sounds sooooo dope Chad, that's ~wild~ that you had late nights three times a week lol!"
"Oh you snuck into the football stadium when the gates were unlocked?? That's crazy, you're crazy, school sounds... crazy!"
18. I'm bored. How long until I can go back to school?
Is it too late for a summer intersession?
"I don't know about you but I'm feelin' 22," I have waited 6 long years to sing that and actually be 22! Now 22 doesn't seem like a big deal to people because you can't do anything that you couldn't do before and you're still super young. But I'm determined to make my 22nd year a year filled with new adventures and new experiences. So here's to 22.
1. Go sky diving.
What's crazier than jumping out of a plane? (Although I'll probably try indoor skydiving first.)
2. Go cliff jumping/diving.
I must be the only Rhode Islander who hasn't gone to Jamestown and jumped off a cliff.
3. Ride in a hor air balloon.
Up, up and away.
4. Try out skiing.
Cash me in the next Olympics, how bout dat.
5. Try out snow boarding.
Shawn White, I'm coming for you.
6. Go bungee jumping.
Because at least this time I'll be attached to something.
7. Go to Portugal.
I mean I'm Portuguese so I have to go at some point, right?
8. Go to Cape Verde.
Once again, I'm Cape Verdean so I have to go.
9. Vist one of the seven wonders of the world.
I mean hey, Egypt's on, my bucket list.
10. Try out surfing.
It's only natural that somebody from the Ocean State knows how to surf.
11. Learn a new langauge.
Because my little bit of Portuguese, Spanish and Latin isn't cutting it anymore.
12. Travel to a state that I've never been to before.
Fun fact: I've only been to 17 of the 50 states.
13. Go paddle boarding.
Pretty boring but I've never done it.
14. Go scuba diving.
I'm from the Ocean State so I guess I should see the ocean up close and personal.
15. Learn how to line dance.
There's actually a barn in my state that does line dancing, so this one will definitely get crossed off.
16. Go kayaking.
All this water around me and I haven't done a lot of the water activites.
17. Stay the night in a haunted hotel room.
I bet if I got my friends to come with me, it would be like the Suite Life of Zach and Cody episode, minus the ghost coming out of the wall but you never know.
18. Get my palms read.
Because who doesn't want to know their future.
19. Go to a medium.
Like a medium that can communicate with people that have died.
20. Take a helicopter ride.
Air plane: check Helicopter:....
21. Sleep under the stars.
Because sleeping in a tent is more like glamping than camping
22. Just to try new things in my everyday life.
Whether it's trying a new restaurant, getting something different at my usual restaurants, changing my usual style, going on the scary rides at amusement parks, and bringing things I used to do back into my life now.