7 Southern Summer Table Settings

7 Southern Summer Table Settings

'How To' DIY centerpieces for you to create at home.

8
7 Southern Summer Table Settings
Kendra Badley

Can you believe July is nearly at an end and there is only so much summer left to enjoy!? So now is the perfect time to host a special evening with you and your favorites. Whether it be your family friends, spouse, relatives or even a good group a girlfriends. And there is no better excuse than to enjoy that special time around a cutesy table setting you created!

Here are my 7 DIY Summer themed table arrangements that you can create yourself with objects you can find around the house.

1. Floating Roses

Have a bouquet of flowers about to wilt? Hold on a sec before you throw them away! Find a vase and fill it with water. Then fill it with the wilted flowers of your choice! This creates a warm and lovely centerpiece that is sure to bring cheer around the table.

Tip: Do not leave flowers in water for longer than 12 hours. They will end up turning the water to muck and leave a terrible odor. So dump them out right after you're finished!

2. Simple Candle In A Vase

This low sitting vase was a gift to my husband and I from a family member. I came across it and thought it might look great with a candle in it! Well it didn't, I had to think of something else. I opened my kitchen towel drawer and pulled out my Mrs. sink towel. I folded it to where the printing would only show and squeezed it into the vase with my beeswax candle in between. Then Tah-duuuuh!!! My centerpiece was made.

3. Cookbook Centerpiece

If you're like me, then you love your cookbooks and should quite a few around the kitchen. Find 4 to 5 mid sized cookbooks and stack them in the center of your table (try not to spiral because it will look junky). Then place a figurine or object of your choice on top.

4. Desert Ridge

This centerpiece could not be simple enough. Find a small bucket and place it upside on your table. Stick 2 or 3 magnets on the side to catch the eye and a mason jar on the top. Add a tea light inside and you're done! I love wine so I picked one of my favorite bottles from an Oklahoma vineyard I support at the local Farmers Market.

5. Mason Jar Mash Up

Okay, if the last centerpiece was a challenge for you or you'd like something easier then this ones for you! Grab a basket and fill it with mason jars. Don't worry about any labels, it shows character!

Tip:Did you notice the table runner? All I did was take my unused ribbon I had and cut it just long enough to fit my table. I did the same in the opposite direction making a cross.

6. Mirrored Candle Trio

Some of you might have a smaller mirror around the house for decoration use. Like I have mine on the ottoman in my living room. Take that and place 2 uneven candle stands on it. Find 3 different sized candles in the same color scheme and set them like so.

Tip: I had leftover ribbon from my table runner idea and wrapped in around my beewax candle.

7. Southern Sweetness

Last but not least! My favorite. A southern mix of bright colors. Nothing says summer like neon or hot pink. I took a serving plate and set my beeswax candle from before on one side then created a gorgeous bouquet of flowers that are in season. This particular arrangement contains Gladiola's and Coxcomb's.

And that's it yall! I hope this 'how to' makes it easier on you.

XOXO