7 Signs You're From The Chicago Suburbs

7 Signs You're From The Chicago Suburbs

You and Kanye West

160
7 Signs You're From The Chicago Suburbs
Movoto

The Chicago suburbs seem to be the most incredible places to live, or at least that is what you will probably hear from anyone who lives there. Though there are many various signs to show where your home is, I have found these seven to be the most obvious:

1. You make a story of your meal from Portillo's when you come home

Even though we have all been there, apparently it is completely necessary to show everyone this beautiful hot dog, cheese fry and diet coke in front of us. (I am guilty of it too, though.)

2. You tell people you're from Chicago

Because it is very unlikely everyone in the world know where Elmhurst, LaGrange or Western Springs is.

3. You can brave the freezing cold or blistering heat

Whether below zero degrees or over one hundred degrees, we have seen it all!

4. You can get around downtown

Thanks to the Metra and the "L", we all have a direct route to downtown. This makes it super easy to enjoy a day shopping, eating lunch or going to the beach; or even to dinner and see the lights of the city.

5. Music festivals are a given

Lollapalooza, Country Thunder, you name it--we've been to it all. Being so close to these entertaining, exciting events, we tend to take advantage and really live it up.

6. You know the words to most country songs

Don't ask me why. I have no idea. But whether you love country or hate country, it is always being played. Chicago suburban kids just have a thing for Tim McGraw and Jason Aldean.

7. You love talking about where you're from

I've noticed that anyone from the Chicago suburbs loves loves loves telling everyone about their town--all the memories, what they do in their small towns, then trips downtown. I mean why wouldn't you? It's the best place to live!

Though we may all get carried away every now and then showing where we are from, I think we completely have a right to do so. Thinking about it now, I can't wait to be home!