7 Recipes Under $15 That Taste Like A Solid 10/10

Delicious meals that will not break the bank.

107

It can be so difficult to cook in college -- between the crazy schedule, the fact that food costs money, etc... Over the past four years in school, I have collected some delicious and cheap recipes that I think you will enjoy.

Shepherd's Pie

What You Will Need:

1 package of instant mashed potatoes

1 lb. of ground beef

1 thawed bag of frozen mixed peas, carrots, and corn

1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese

1 medium diced onion

Ketchup

Worcestershire sauce

______________________

Steps:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. Cook the instant mashed potatoes based on those instructions.

3. On the stove, brown the ground beef and the onions together.

4. Add in about 1 tbsp of ketchup and 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.

5. Add in the peas, carrots, and corn into the ground beef.

6. Put the beef and vegetable mixture into a greased bread pan.

7. Spread the mashed potatoes on top of the beef and veggie mixture.

8. Sprinkle cheese all over the top.

9. Bake for about 22 minutes and enjoy!

Pizza

What You Will Need:

1 package of pre-made dough

1 can of crushed tomatoes

Salt

Garlic

1 medium diced onion

Mozzarella cheese

Optional: pepperoni

______________________

Steps:

1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. Add the crushed tomatoes into a saucepan and heat it on medium.

3. Add in the onion, garlic, and sprinkle in some salt to taste.

4. While that is simmering, roll out the pizza dough onto a pizza pan.

5. Spread a layer of sauce onto the dough.

6. Sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese into a nice, thick layer.

7. If you want, add some pepperoni slices.

8. Bake for about 22 minutes and enjoy!

Crockpot Mac and Cheese

What You Will Need:

1 can of Campbell's cheddar condensed soup

3 cups of pasta (elbow, shells, etc.)

Pepper

2 tbsp of butter

2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese

1 cup of Colby jack cheese

2 cups of heavy whipping cream

½ cup of milk

______________________

Steps:

1. Pour the soup, heavy whipping cream, and milk into the crockpot.

2. Mix the above until smooth and creamy.

3. Pour and mix in the pasta.

4. Add in the cheeses and butter.

5. Sprinkle in pepper to taste.

6. Cook on low for 3-4 hours. Enjoy!

Beef Tacos

What You Will Need:

1 "Old Del Paso" taco kit

1 lb. of lean ground beef

2 cups of rice

2 cups of water

1 tbsp of butter

1 tbsp of olive oil

Cheddar cheese

Lettuce

Tomatoes

Sour cream

______________________

Steps:

1. Add rice, water, butter, and olive oil to the rice cooker.

2. Brown the meat on medium on the stove.

3. Add in the taco seasoning from the taco kit and mix thoroughly.

4. Fill a taco shell with rice, meat, and desired toppings. Enjoy!

Crockpot Chicken Buffalo Pasta

What You Will Need:

1 package (~1 lb) of chicken tenderloins

3/4 cup of buffalo wing sauce

Garlic powder

8 oz of cream cheese

24 oz of chicken broth

2 tbsp of dry ranch dressing mix

Salt

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Pasta of your choice

______________________

Steps:

1. Add the chicken into the crockpot.

2. Top with the buffalo wing sauce.

3. Sprinkle with garlic powder and salt to taste.

4. Add in the cream cheese and cheddar cheese

5. Cook on low for 8 hours

6. Add in the pasta of your choice and let cook for one more hour. Enjoy!

Mama's Famous Chicken And Yellow Rice

What You Will Need:

1 box of Goya yellow rice

1 package of skinless chicken thighs

1 bag of frozen peas

Italian mojo dressing (or any other dressing of your choice)

______________________

Steps:

1. Marinade chicken thighs in dressing for a few hours.

2. Broil the chicken thighs on high for about 10 minutes on each side (keep watch on this).

3. Cook the yellow rice as directed on the box.

4. Add in the chicken and the frozen peas to the yellow rice as it continues to cook. Enjoy!

French Onion Soup

What You Will Need:

4 yellow onions

1 tsp of sugar

7 cups of beef broth (I prefer lower sodium)

1 roll of French bread

2 cups of provolone cheese

Olive oil

Salt

______________________

Steps:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. Slice the bread and put a bit of olive oil on both sides.

3. Place the slices on a baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes.

4. Slice all of your onion into strips.

5. Put some olive oil in a pan and heat it up to medium-high heat.

6. Add the onions, sugar, and a dash of salt into the pan.

7. For the next 45 minutes, stir the onions around about every five minutes.

8. Once the onions are golden, add in the beef broth.

9. Bring the contents of the pan to a boil and then put it on low heat for 17 minutes.

10. Put the soup into bowls, put a slice of the bread on top, and grate some of the provolone cheese. Enjoy!