7 Reasons We NEED The University Of Montana Western

If you don't believe me, I have the numbers to prove you wrong.

44
Discover Mining History

The University of Montana Western seriously kicks ass. I don't mean that we're mean people or overly aggressive. What I mean and what is true, is that we're seriously awesome. If you don't believe me, I have the numbers to prove you wrong.

1. Our overall school attendance.

Freshman, sophomores, junior, seniors and the seniors who have to come back for round two all total to around 1,500 or so students. That's freakishly small right, for a college anyways. Technically, there are AAA high schools that hold more students than my own college campus does. A lot of college students are flabbergasted by this number and are extremely disturbed by the idea of going to a college where once again, like high school, most everyone knows what you breath or eat. Except, some of us value the small town lifestyle; we live for it. Going to a small town college and knowing a majority of the students I pass on campus makes me comfortable. It feels good to know my surroundings and the wonderful people who surround me. Everyone may know me and my business and I may know theirs, but that doesn't take away my own uniqueness and how I handle myself.

2. Our teacher to student ratio.

16 students per one teacher. That's better than most high schools and a whole lot better than almost every single college I know. 16 is the limit, however, I have had classes where there is only myself and 5 other students, not including my professor. The one on one time Western provides me with is ridiculous. Once again, Western makes me comfortable and gives me the one on one time you could only expect from a community college, but I am still experiencing the true college life.

3. Our block schedule.

Imagine this. One class at a time, for three and a half weeks each. Each class is only 3 hours long each day. Yes, this is reality. Not to mention the four day block break that you receive after each class. Imagine a world where you only have one final. No, not four or five all at once, just one. Here at Western we mock the other schools who send Tweets out, stressing over their million exams and note cards. All I had to do was turn in a single essay with my name on it. After that, why not take a four day vacation. Go home. See your family, love your cat. Yeah, we're kind of spoiled here.

4. Our acceptance rate.

82% as of 2010. You're probably thinking, "wow, I really wish I could go to Western and be a part of the Bulldog family." OKAY, maybe not exactly those words, but pretty close. Don't freight, because we accept you with open arms. There is no catch. You want to experience the Western life, we'll take you. Our motto is, "Experience One," which dives deep into the background of Western.

5. Our cost for schooling.

We're cheap, but in a good way. You don't feel like taking $20,000 out in loans? Then don't. Consider paying only $5,000-$6,000 per year. That's only slightly more coming out of your pocket than you would for a community college, but once again, here you receive the experience of a true college campus.

6. Our completion rate.

A 96% completion rate. UMW works hard to make you happy and allows you to leave college with a bright future ahead of you and most importantly, leaves you with hope; which is what we all need when we have to enter the real world.

7. Lastly, the size of our town.

1.761 mi (squared). A population of around 4,000 people. Dillon, MT would best be described as a hometown. Being away from my own for 8 out of 12 months of the year, I would choose Dillon as my second home every time. The community, the people, and my college campus and all it has to offer leaves me grateful at the end of every day, no matter the homework load.