7 Reasons To Love 'Kingdom Hearts'

7 Reasons To Love 'Kingdom Hearts'

"There are many worlds, and they share the same sky — one sky, one destiny."

859
7 Reasons To Love 'Kingdom Hearts'
moviepilot.com

I am in love with the Disney and Square Enix game "Kingdom Hearts." For the past 11 years, the world has been gearing up for the titled third game in the series. I myself am extremely excited, though I don't have the right console to play it on. There really has been little word about this game and when it will be released, but hopefully the fans will find out soon. Whether or not we find out tomorrow or in a year, I know that a ton of fans out there will agree with me when I say that "Kingdom Hearts" is one of the best video game series ever. Here's why.

1. Characters

The characters in this game are all driven, amusing, charismatic, and all come from a variety of backgrounds that gives them depth and substance. Sora, for instance, is a strong-willed and funny teen who cares about his friends and longs for adventure. This gives him tons of depth and almost a predictability, which provides something fun for the players to watch. Characters like Sora are found all throughout the game and make the series that much more interesting.

2. Disney

Since it's a Disney game, the Disney aspect of this game is amazing. The whole concept is that each world is based on a Disney movie. For example, there's a world called Land of Dragons in "Kingdom Hearts 2," and that whole part of the game focuses on characters from the movie "Mulan." My personal favorite part of the games is the Hundred Acre Wood, which, you guessed it, features characters from "Winnie the Pooh." This world contains fun mini games and a small story line, which is different in each game.

3. Final Fantasy Characters

More familiar faces. The "Final Fantasy" characters throughout the games give us a connection to other games, and they're also connected to this game. They each have their own stories and contributions that they bring to the table. For example, in the first game, Squall Leonheart (who prefers Leon) helps Sora figure out that he is a Keyblade wilder, which is an extremely crucial part of the KH plot line. Other "Final Fantasy" characters unlock certain bosses and are involved in the story, which give it way more depth and expand their own characters even more.

4. Clothes

The clothing designs of the characters is impeccable. They fit each character so well, and they change as the characters grow and find who they are, or just grow up. It almost seems strange to me now to see Donald and Goofy without their KH garb on.

5. Gameplay

In this picture you can see the menu, and all of the character's information.

Playing the game itself is pretty easy to understand. The first part of every game is a long tutorial that thoroughly explains almost every part of the menus and items you might receive. They're easy to understand and then the game is all yours — almost. Though this is not an RPG or an action game specifically, but a combination of the two that will prove to be awesome for everyone.

6. Plot

Though the plot gets a little confusing as you play through all the games, you will find that this series has an overall plot that is bound to be enjoyable for everyone — and you don't need to play all the games to get the full effect, though you probably should. The depth of the characters provides a lot to the plot, which is pretty thorough, although missing some holes which will hopefully be filled in in the next game. If you want to see the video that actually explains the entire story in 20 minutes you can find it here.

7. Themes

There are many major themes in the game, but the major and overlapping theme is the theme of good versus evil. This theme is common throughout most movies, books and video games, but it makes this game so wholesome. They refer to good as light and evil as dark, in the heart. The game is a struggle and triumph of finding the light or darkness in your heart and deciding which part of it you want to harness, and provides a quality theme throughout the series.

And those are only some of the reasons why I enjoy the "Kingdom Hearts" series so much. If you have never played it, I encourage you to do so. You don't regret it.