7 Reasons Too Go To Downtown Disney On A Friday Night

It's a great way to have a magical evening on a budget.

204
Downtown Disney District | Visit California

On a college student budget? Need somewhere to go on a date? Don't have a Disneyland pass like most of your friends? Looking for something fun to do a Friday night? Go to Downtown Disney!

Here are seven reasons to go to Downtown Disney on a Friday Night:

1. Parking is free!

Well, it's free for two hours at least, but many things can be accomplished in that amount of time. If you go to a restaurant and stay longer than two hours, the restaurants at Downtown Disney will validate parking.

2. Endless Dinner Options

Above is a picture of the Rain Forest Cafe, which is probably the most famous restaurant in Downtown Disney. If you have never been to Downtown Disney, I would recommend going at least once. Something to keep in mind is it's a little on the pricey side. Other great options include the ESPN Zone and Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen.

Here is a list of the restaurants at Downtown Disney, and you can even make reservations for most of the restaurants on this website.

3. Live Entertainment

When I went to Downtown Disney this last Friday, there was a swing band on stage. The music was contagious, and people even dressed up and danced to the swing music. The band played swing anthems such as "Minnie the Moocher"by Cab Calloway. The music transformed the night into a lively and fun scene by taking us back to the 1950's. From what I know, they bring in a different group every Friday, so you never know what you'll experience when you go.

Here's the music my friends and I listened to last Friday:

4. Dinner and a Movie?

Dinner and a Movie is and always has been the most common date ever because it's fun and enjoyable. Take it to another level, and take your date to dinner and movie at Downtown Disney. Yes, there's an AMC 12 at Downtown Disney that shows all the latest movies.

5. Fireworks!

That's right on Friday nights, there are fireworks at 9:30, and you can see them from Downtown Disney. However, I have some inside information from Disneyland regulars on the best place to see them outside the park. The Paradise Pier Hotel, which is only a block away from Downtown Disney, has a firework viewing area on the third floor. So take an elevator up, and watch the fireworks without paying to get into a Disney Park.

6. Dessert

So you've already went to dinner, danced to the live music, saw a movie, and watched the fireworks, what now? It is time for dessert, but not just any dessert -- beignets! Beignets are French doughnuts covered in powdered sugar and arguably the best dessert at Downtown Disney (I ate three last night).

Beignets can be found at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, which serves Creole cuisine. These are probably the most authentic beignets you can find in California, because they use the Cafe du Monde beignet mix. Cafe du Monde is the most famous beignet cafe in New Orleans, and take it from someone who recently went to Louisiana -- Downtown Disney can make a pretty good beignet.

7. The Lego Store

This is the best place in Downtown Disney -- well, at least to me. It's pretty cool. There are huge Lego figurines of Belle and the Beast; Woody and Buzz; Aurora's Prince and Maleficent; the Genie, Aladdin, Jasmine, and Abu; and the Hulk! I think this is a great store to take pictures in and remember your childhood.

I just went to Downtown Disney for a GYRAD, and I think it is a fabulous place to hang out. It's the perfect place to go with friends, or a significant other. Downtown Disney is the perfect way to get a dose of Disney without spending money on a ticket.

Thinking about going on a Friday or anytime in general? Click on the photos for more information (They'll take you to links all about Downtown Disney). Also, here is the official site for Downtown Disney.

Like what I had to say? Anything I missed? What is your favorite thing about Downtown Disney or Disneyland in general? Comment below or on Facebook. I'd love to hear your thoughts.