7 Reasons to be Excited for College

7 Reasons to be Excited for College

5708
Grad Goods

Senior year has ended, you threw your cap in the air and received flowers and gifts from your family. Your grad party is over, it's the last summer of being a kid until you have to say goodbye to your best friends and family for the next four months. It's finally time to go to college.

You always hear that college was "the best four years of so and so's life." But, honestly how good could it be? You're leaving your hometown that you grew up in behind. Your family will be far away and you know how much you'll miss your favorite puppy, Daisy. Tears come to your eyes knowing that your best friend will be oh so many miles away from you. New place to live, new people to see and the worst part, it's a whole new school— just when you thought it was all over! But don't worry, I'm here to vouch for so and so to say college will be one of the best things you'll ever experience.

1. You finally have freedom.

No longer having to ask mom or dad if it's okay to go out with friends or either having a curfew. You can do what you want, whenever you want! There is finally no one to tell you to not order that pizza at 1:17 a.m. in the morning or to clean your room. So many perks!

2. So much free time.

Yes, of course, you're going to need the time to study and do all the projects you saved for last minute. But you'll also have a lot of free time on your hands. So go ahead, binge watch the third season of "Friends," you have all the time in the world.

3. Exploring a whole new place out of your comfort zone.

You're miles away from home so of course you have to go out on new adventures. New school, new environment. Living somewhere totally different than where you grew up can only be exciting!

4. Making friendships that can last a lifetime.

Of course with a new place to live, there will be new people to meet. Your best friend from home will always be your best friend, but that doesn't mean you can't make new friends too! College is a place to meet new people and to start relationships that can last a lifetime.

5. Sweatpants will also become your new best friend.

No more having to wiggle into your skinny jeans rushing to make it to your 8 a.m. You will be worshiping your sweats and leggings, trust me!

6. Discovering new things that you'll love.

Making your own schedule is one of the many bonuses of going to college. Pick the classes you've always wanted to take, take a new class that's challenging, or try a class that you've never even heard of! Whatever it may be, you're capable of trying new things and falling in love with what you do.

7. Finding yourself and loving it.

New school, new friends, new you. There's no doubt that you'll go through your trials and tribulations. But through it all, figuring out who you are and loving yourself will be the best part of your college experience.

So replace all of your doubts and fears with the thoughts of eagerness and excitement. College is right around the corner, so be prepared for what the future holds for you. You'll soon be the next 'so and so' to say, "College was the best four years of my life."