7 Reasons 'Parks and Rec' Is Actually The Best

It is literally one of the best shows.

41
eonline.com

Even though it ended over a year ago, many of us still love Leslie Knope and the rest of the Pawnee Parks Department gang. Despite there not being new episodes weekly, it’s still one of the best shows on Netflix, and it can always bring a smile to your face. But why is it the best? Here are just a few reasons we all still love Parks and Rec.

Leslie Knope

Leslie Knope is the type of person we all wish we could be. She is dedicated to her friends, work and breakfast food on a level most of us can only dream of. Leslie is strong, tenacious, and an all-around wonderful person; plus, her crush on Joe Biden is the best thing and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Ron and Leslie

As Hank Green recently illustrated, Ron and Leslie differ on nearly every single level. Ron thinks that all government is a terrible thing and Leslie believes that government should be big enough to provide services to citizens. Despite these differences, they still manage to be good workplace proximity associates for years and years with only some minor hiccups along the way. He also walked Leslie down the aisle at her wedding. *sobs*

Treat Yo Self

If you haven’t seen anything relating to this, then I’m not really sure how you’re reading this since you clearly haven’t been online in a while. Treat yo self-day is a tradition started by Tom and Donna that at some point took on a life of its own. Episodes that feature treat yo self-days are arguably some of the best out there, but even if you hate those episodes, they are a great reminder that self-care is a really important and that once in a while it’s a good idea to treat yo self.

Chris Traeger

Chris Traeger is one of the most enthusiastic people I’ve ever seen on TV or in real life. He manages to put a positive spin on literally everything. But at one point he deals with major depression. This character arc of his shows that even the most happy people can deal with mental health issues and there is no shame in finding your own Dr. Richard Nygard if you need to.

The Characters

We can all relate just a little bit to pretty much all the characters (even Jerry/Terry/Larry/Gary) whether we like it or not. Maybe you’re more of a Leslie or a Ben or a Donna or a Ron. Maybe you can’t pick just one character that you really relate to, but if you’ve watched the show, you’ve related to the characters.

It’s Actually Hilarious

"Parks and Rec" is one of those rare shows that just got better and better, but never really got terrible. Usually, when a show is on its way out, it isn’t the best, but Season 7 is a gem. And most of the episodes are great to just randomly turn on and watch while you’re feeling down or just want a good laugh.

It Gave us These Amazing GIFs of Ben Wyatt Breaking the Fourth Wall

Come on, look at this guy—he’s great.

*Goes back and binges "Parks and Rec" instead of writing papers*