7 Reasons Having A Crush Sucks

7 Reasons Having A Crush Sucks

He likes me, he likes me not?

8142
7 Reasons Having A Crush Sucks
Eyes plus words

Having a crush on someone is a terrifying experience, and I'm not sure why any of us do it to ourselves. Relationships and love are hard enough topics as it is, but throwing in the uncertainty of the other person's feelings makes it even worse. Your crush could be giving ALL the signs that they like you, but you still don't know. I thought these stupid butterflies and worries would have left me in high school, but here I am in college in full on crush mode, and I hate myself for it. Here are the 10 things that I hate the most about the state of my crush life currently.

1. Feeling like a ball of anxiety every time you see/talk to them

This is the part where those butterflies come into play, the nervous gut wrenching feeling when you snap chat them and wait for a response. When you run into them on campus and aren't sure if you should say hi or not. Major butterfly attack.

2. Making a fool out of yourself when you talk to them because you're so nervous

With the immense amount of adrenaline running through your system and all the butterflies you're feeling, you're bound to say something stupid. I've made a fool of myself on many accounts, all of which I regret.

3. Not knowing if they like you back

"Is he flirting?" "Does he like me?" "He kissed me but what does he really want?" "Is he just trying to sleep with me?" These are the questions constantly running through the mind of someone who is affected by a horrible crush.

4. Trying to make excuses to hang out with them

"Oh it's my roommate's cousin's birthday, come over we're having a party." You could just invite them over to watch Netflix but that implies the "chill" and you don't wanna seem that desperate. You could always go out, but then there's the question of who pays for what.

5. Trying to find the right outfit for you do convince them to hang out

You wanna look good, but you don't want to look like you're trying too hard. Nothing in your closet seems to work so you end up changing 7 times.

6. The regret you feel after making a fool of yourself within the first 10 minutes of seeing them

My specialty is telling an awkward and embarrassing story. Even if I manage to snag a date with my crush he's scared off pretty quick and I feel massive shame.

7. The endless self-debate about texting them

When is it okay to talk to them again? And what do you say, do you snap it or text it? Once you make a choice there's the horrible process of waiting for a response.

Crushes suck, there's no way around it. We've all had them so we all know. It's nerve wracking and it crushes your soul when they don't like you back. Everything is a guessing game, in the end, it could turn into something awesome or it could end with you crying into a bowl of ice cream. That's the worst part.