7 Questions Book Lovers Are Tired Of Being Asked

How could you possibly read that many books? Because I'm awesome! Duh!

451
Word Press

If you love books, you have probably gotten some strange looks while reading in public places. I know I have! I’ve always loved reading. I’m the girl who takes a bag of books with her almost everywhere I go. My room is littered with books. It’s insane!

If you like books as much as I do, you have probably heard these questions before!

1. What's that book about?

This is one of the worst questions ever, especially if I really like the book. It means I have to stop reading long enough to obsess about a book to someone who doesn’t usually care as much as I do. However, I’ll always answer because it’s my goal in life to spread the joy of reading!

2. How many books can you read at a time?

I personally can read an endless number of books at a

time. Back in school, I would bring a new book with me every day to read. People thought I read a book a day, but I was really just taking different books out so that I could read a little of each of them a day. Some people read one at a time, while other readers are a lot like me.

3. Is it hard to keep up with all those stories?

Unless I’m reading books with similar stories or characters, it’s not hard for me to keep up with all the books I read. To me, reading a book about a girl who is fighting dragons as opposed to a book about a guy hunting a serial killer are two very different things! People always seem really amazed when I tell them how many books I’m reading.

4. Why do you like reading?

This is a very frustrating question to get asked.

Usually the person asking hates reading, and they don’t understand why I do. I love being transported to new worlds every time I pick up a book. Every time it’s different. No two stories are the same. They all have ups and downs. It’s always exciting to find a new book that interests me. So why not love reading?

5. You mean to tell me you hate eBooks?

Yes! If I could shout this answer from the rooftops, I would! I like the feel and smell of books. I like the physical touch and the sight of a turning page! eBooks exhaust me. People are in love with technology and don’t understand why I’m not. Don’t get me wrong, I love my phone...but I love a physical book more!

6. You're reading that book again?

Another annoying question! Yes, I’m reading this book again! It’s a really good book. Leave me alone, okay? Reading books over and over help you see the stuff you missed the first time. Plus, it’s nice to relive old memories.

7. You want to go to a bookstore? I thought you had new books already?

There is no such thing as too many books! I’m constantly hunting at discount stores for books. I even check out books at my local resale stores! You can always use a good deal when you have a book obsession.

While technology may be the cool thing to do, us book readers will stick to our fictional worlds! What are some questions you’ve been asked before?