I've always found myself drawn to poetry and books, quotes and words. It's such a beautiful thing to find words that resonate so deeply with my soul. Words, whether from books or songs or people, have the power to awaken emotions, develop dreams, and stimulate the imagination. The seven following quotes have stuck with me and deeply moved me in one way or another.
1. "Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet" -Stephen Hawking
The entire quote is a bit longer, but the same message of appreciating the beauty of this world still stands. The stars and just the universe have always been a calming and inspiring presence in my life, reassuring me that life is beautiful; we exist in this big beautiful world and get to experience all these little things, like looking up at stars in the night sky.
2. "You're only given a little spark of madness; you mustn't lose it" -Robin Williams
Robin Williams is one of my biggest inspirations. I truly believe that he influenced so many people with his love, kindness, and warmth, bringing smiles to millions. This quote reminds me to hold onto what makes me unique and different, and also to fully embrace that.
3. "In the end, we'll all become stories" -Margaret Atwood
This quote is super inspiring to me, because it's basically a reminder to live your best life. Live a life that would make a wonderful story and one you would want to read.
4. "Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart" -Winnie the Pooh
Ok so yes, Winnie the Pooh is actually so profound. The books and movies were my childhood favorites, so the quotes are very interesting to read now since they have such deeper meaning to me. This one specifically echoes my deep love for the happy little moments that make life better.
5. "Look at the stars, look how they shine for you" -Coldplay (Yellow)
Another quote about stars, because I just couldn't resist. Stars and the night sky truly are magical, and the fact that we are so small in this universe makes everything seem better. It's a nice thought that the stars shine for us to see.
6. "Thanks for the adventure - now go have a new one!" -Disney Pixar's "Up"
"Up" is definitely one of my favorite movies ever. And this quote perfectly illustrates the way I wish to live, from adventure to adventure. Life really is a series of adventures, where we meet new people and see new sights, learning all the way.
7. "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light" -J.K. Rowling
J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series undoubtedly changed my life, and this is one of the most meaningful quotes found in those books. It's quite a straightforward quote, but the idea of finding happiness and making the best out of life with an optimistic perspective strongly resonates with me.