7 New Year's Resolution Ideas For 2017

7 New Year's Resolution Ideas For 2017

It's time to start something new!

33
7 New Year's Resolution Ideas For 2017

Out with the old, in with the new! 2017 is here, and its time to decide how you might like to grow this year, whether it be physically, mentally, or spiritually. The following ideas are some that I've pondered over making my new year's resolutions this year. Hopefully, it gives you some inspiration to decide on your own resolutions for this year!

1. Make your bed every day.

This resolution is proven to give you a better start to your day. Making your bed motivates you to get other tasks done more efficiently throughout your day. It helps you approach the day with a "can do" positive attitude rather than a lazy one!

2. Feel good about your body.

Sometimes, looking in the mirror can be a difficult task. I might feel fat, find insecurities with my physical features, or I simply might feel run down. Whatever you feel, it is so important to feel comfortable in your own skin. For new years, make a plan that will help you feel good about yourself, whether it be journaling everyday, making time for exercise everyday, or cleaning out your closet to keep only the clothes that you feel awesome in.

3. Change your diet.

Over the holidays, I typically eat pretty much nothing good for me. Chocolate, chips, dip, hearty holiday dinners, nothing lean and green. So, for the new year, I am going to stick to a meal plan that I will write down every Sunday before the start of a week. I find it important to nourish your body with super foods versus fatty foods, and it will ultimately make me less fatigued, and even a happier person.

4. Keep your living space clean.

Similar to making your bed every day, keeping the area you live in decluttered will make you more motivated and ready to conquer a day! Organization makes life easier on you, so in order to keep it clean, I suggest choosing one day to deep clean, and then every day there on out, spend 5-10 minutes every night reorganizing and putting away clutter.

5. Create a bullet journal planner and stick to it.

This Bullet Journal Idea is a new trend of planners, where you personally create your own layout of months, weeks, and specific days, so you can customize your planner to your specific needs. It's a relaxing past-time, and it gives you a place to write to-dos, fitness goals, yearly goals, track your spending, and journal! It is whatever you make it, and I am hoping to have it help organize my daily life this coming year.

6. Save an extra $20 each week.

If you are a broke college student with no job, or a college student working minimum wage, this resolution may be especially helpful to you. $20 dollars a week for a year is $1,040 dollars that you will have to spend either on a fun trip with friends, on your biggest wants, or even to put towards your college loans! It is a great way to be a little conservative, so that you can have more fun later! If you don't have a job and you are simply using your savings from earlier in life to live off, take $20 you would've spent on going out to eat, and make your own meals instead! There's always a way to keep those $20 a week.

7. Choose one day a week for self-care.

I personally would choose Sundays, to do whatever it is that makes you feel good. Take at least 2 hours to read a great book, take a nap, journal, go for a long walk, meet up with a friend you've been longing to see for awhile, or take a bath. A little bit of R&R can go a long way to start a new week.

"Today, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one."
-unknown