7 Movies That Should Have Been Good But Weren't

Good ideas, bad movies.

126
Wikia

Have you ever seen a preview for a movie and instantly put the release date in your phone calendar? The movie just looked so good! You wish that it would come out now, and not in a year and a half.

Have you ever waited a year and a half for a movie to be released and walked out of the theater disappointed because the movie, well...sucked? Unfortunately, many movies do not live up to our expectations.

Here is a list of seven movies that should have been good, but they just, well....weren't.

1. "The Purge"

"The Purge" had such a great, freaky and original plot line: one day a year when all crime would become legal. Unfortunately, the story line ended up being bland and predictable.

2. "The Scorch Trials"

"The Scorch Trials" is the sequel to the popular book and movie "The Maze Runner." With the book series being so popular, the movies had the potential to be as big as Twilight and The Hunger Games series. Unfortunately, the director chose to stray away from the book completely, and the movie suffered big time.

3. "Minions"

Let's face, the minions were our favorite part of "Despicable Me." A whole movie about these funny, yellow creatures sounded like it would be worth the $11 ticket and $8 popcorn. Unfortunately, the movie was incredibly cheesy, and not as funny as expected.

4. "Chernobyl Diaries"

"The Chernobyl Diaries" was such a great concept, but a terrible film. The idea of a group of people going back to an abandoned city where there was once a nuclear disaster only to realize that they are not alone is so suspenseful! Unfortunately, the film was a dud...

5. "10 Cloverfield Lane"

"10 Cloverfield Lane" had an absolutely brilliant idea behind it, with the plot being about a girl who wakes up in a man's underground shelter after a car crash. The movie left many fans, including myself, wondering what was going on the entire time. Unfortunately, the movie was a tad slow and the ending ruined the whole thing. Different ending=fantastic movie.

6. "Inside Out"

This animated Disney movie was definitely a clever flick, but in my opinion did not live up to expectations. The idea of the main characters being emotions inside of a little girl's head is very original and unlike any other movie, but the concept ended up being better than the movie.

7. "Mama"

This horror film had one of the creepiest trailers. The previews showed two small girls abandoned in a cabin who call an invisible entity "mama." Unfortunately, the movie was not actually that creepy, and the graphics in the end completely ruined the whole thing.

Some ideas are just better in theory, I guess. I know that we are all waiting for the new "Beauty and the Beast" movie in 2017, so hopefully that one does not end up on a list similar to this one.