7 Maryland Things College Students Can't Wait To Come Home To

41
Etsy: Pallet Chief

As the spring semester is coming to an end, out of state students are getting ready to come back home to Maryland. Everyone from Maryland knows there are certain things that you just can't find in any other state. Sometimes, it takes leaving home to realize how special Maryland really is. Here are seven Maryland things that college students can't wait to come home to.

1. Crabs.

Only people from Maryland truly understand. Old Bay is essential for a successful summer and you haven't eaten enough crabs if your hands don't smell like the mixture of crab juice, old bay and butter through September.

2. The Bay Bridge.

For most people, nothing is more exciting than driving over the Bay Bridge on your way to the beach. But a lot of people are also terrified of the bridge, and we all have that one friend that we won't let drive, and if they do end up driving we roll all the windows down (just in case). We can definitely all expect to see the “Bay Bridge Snaps” all summer long as everyone is making sure to get to the beach at some point this summer before heading back to school.

3. Ocean City.

No matter how trashy people say it is, there really is no place like it. Everyone one has endless memories with their drunk bus shenanigans, and nothing is quite like that boardwalk funnel cake you eagerly buy but regret so much after eating. You know you're in Ocean City when there is a Sunsations on every street corner, and if it's not a Sunsations, there's a Dumser's instead.

4. Billy Goat Trail.

You’ve done it so many times you could probably hike it blindfolded, but for some reason, walking along the Potomac never gets old. College students returning home to Maryland can’t wait to get back to the Billy Goat Trail to either find new spots to cliff jump, or like some people, to take a picture for Instagram then leave.

5. Going to DC on the metro.

Sometimes the metro turns out to be more of an adventure than your actual night out in DC. The chaos of buying your fare card, trying to round up all of your friends to get on the same train, and then waving goodbye to your friends that didn’t quite make it as the train pulls away without them, is all part of the adventure of going to DC.

6. Baseball games.

Whether you are an Orioles fan or a Nationals fan, it is no doubt you can’t wait to get home to finally see your team play again. The overpriced food, the lingering smell of beer and the screaming old man in the row behind you is all part of the fun.

7. The Maryland flag.

The thing that college students look forward to the most is seeing the Maryland flag everywhere they go and realizing that there is no place like home. Weather it is on your socks, bumper sticker, or coozie, seeing that flag means you are in the right place.