7 Little Things You Get Excited Over In College

Because honestly, it's the little things in life that mean the most.

364
Abbey Gardiner

Everyone knows that going to college is a huge adjustment regardless of your school. You have to figure out how to live on your own and how to get along with people you don't particularly fancy. But one thing I didn't know when I was going in to college is that I would get excited over little things that I, at one point, couldn't care less about.

1. Grocery shopping

Ok seriously, when did I get a minivan and where did I park it? I honestly get so excited to go grocery shopping and I'm not sure why. The dining hall food isn't terrible, but it's certainly not the best food either. To me, grocery shopping is a very exciting outing as long as I don't go hungry!

2. New washing and drying machines

This past week my dorm building got all new washers and dryers and I have never been so excited to do laundry in my life. I feel as though I am turning into a mom...

3. Not having to wait to do laundry

If you are in, or have been to college, you know the struggle of the rush for an open washer or dryer. There is nothing more satisfying than being able to do your laundry without having to wait for an open machine.

4. Free t-shirts

I don't care what form of social media you want me to follow you on or which paper you want me to sign, but if you are giving out free t-shirts on campus you can bet I will be there.

5. When the dining hall is serving your favorite food

Now, of course, it's not as good as if it were homemade, but when you look on the menu and see the dining hall is serving something you love, it's hard not to get excited for it.

6. Eating off campus with friends

Sure, you can't use your meal swipes or dining dollars, but there is something so much better about eating out when you are in college. Even if it is just a fast food place, the idea of not eating dining hall food for one meal is great.

7. Seeing animals

There is something so much more magical about seeing a dog when you live on a college campus. Maybe it's because you aren't allowed to have pets in your dorm, or because you no longer are accustomed to seeing animals every day, but either way it's great.

While these little things may seem like they aren't much to get excited over, if you are in college or have been in college, you know that they are. You get so accustomed to a different lifestyle inside your dorm that you start to get excited over different things after a while. It just goes to prove that sometimes it's the little things in life that are important.