7 Holiday Book & Food Pairings

7 Holiday Book & Food Pairings

Season's Readings + Season's Eatings!

231
7 Holiday Book & Food Pairings
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/12/18/6364917429668429731443001753_ooood.jpg

1. My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories + Apple Pie with Cheese

Grab a piece of apple pie topped with a slice of sharp cheddar cheese and dive into What the Hell Have You Done, Sophie Roth? to find out what all the fuss is about!

A delightful anthology of Christmas Stories written by multiple talented authors that can be read in any order:

Midnights by Rainbow Rowell ***

The Lady and the Fox by Kelly Link

Angels in the Snow by Matt De La Pena ***

Polaris is Where You'll Find Me by Jenny Han

It's A Yuletide Miracle, Charlie Brown by Stephanie Perkins ***

Your Temporary Santa by David Levithan

Krampuslauf by Holly Black

What The Hell Have You Done, Sophie Roth? by Gayle Forman ***

Beer Buckets and Baby Jesus by Myra McEntire

Welcome to Christmas, CA by Kiersten White ***

Star of Bethlehem by Ally Carter ***

The Girl Who Woke the Dreamer by Laini Taylor

*** (my favorites)

2. Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances + Hash Brown Waffles

What would you do if your parents got arrested on Christmas Eve and you suddenly found yourself on a train stuck in the snow? Take shelter in the nearby Waffle House of course!

Munch on some hash brown waffles while weaving your way through three interconnecting stories written by three amazing authors. (Bonus points if you read through them all on Christmas Eve!) I just read this book within the past week and am dying to know whatever became of the Flobie Five!

The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson

A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle by John Green

The Patron Saint of Pigs by Lauren Myracle

4. The Best of Christmas in My Heart + English Toffee

There is nothing cozier than curling up in a blanket with a plate of English Toffee and an old-fashioned Christmas story, like The Fir Tree Cousins, from one of Joe Wheeler's books.

If you aren't acquainted with this collection of classic stories, this compilation is a great place to start! Stories include: A Few Bars in the Key of G, Sea Anchor, A Girl Like Me, Joyful and Triumphant, The Fir Tree Cousins, While Shepherds Watched, The Gold and Ivory Tablecloth, The Soft Spot in B606, Santa Claus is Kindness, A Precious Memory, The Tiny Foot, Like a Candle in the Window, The Bells Didn't Ring, Bethany's Christmas Carol, The Gift of the Magi, Secrets of the Heart, There's a Song in the Air, and 'Meditation' in a Minor Key.

5. Anna and the French Kiss + Chocolat Chaud

Ok, so it's not technically a Christmas story... but part of the story takes place over Christmas break and it is a fabulous excuse to read an adorable story and drink french-style Chocolat Chaud! (Unless you're feeling brave and want to try to make some bread pudding in honor of Etienne St. Clair.)

I re-read through this book about once a month because the characters are just so lovable.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Also in this series: Lola and the Boy Next Door; Isla and the Happily Ever After

6. The Afterlife of Holly Chase + Gingerbread

A YA retelling of Dicken's A Christmas Carol? YES PLEASE!

I haven't read this one yet, but I imagine reading this with a side of warm, soft gingerbread - part sweet, part dark and mysterious - would be perfect!

7. To All the Boys I've Loved Before + Fruitcake Cookies

Ok, also technically not a Christmas story. But the part when Lara Jean goes on a Christmas cooking baking spree, you'll want to whip up a batch of Peter's Fruitcake Cookies yourself!

This is the first in a trilogy of adorable books that follows Lara Jean as she navigates through high school, boys, and her relationship with her two sisters while mourning the loss of her mother.

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

Also in this series: P.S. I Still Love You; Always and Forever, Lara Jean

HAPPY SEASON'S READINGS!