10 Gifts For The English Major In Your Life

Give them something more special than a new journal.

41
opened book on person's lap with gray socks

I'm sure my other fellow English majors can identify with how many journals they've been given over the years as gifts. Don't get me wrong, I love a good journal---but if you're shopping to please my love of writing and literature, there are so many other gifts out there!

So if you don't know what to give that special English major in your life (or what to treat yourself to this holiday season), I've put together a short list of gifts bound to be love by anyone studying English.

1. A Litographs T-Shirt, Scarf, or Face Mask!

Pride and Prejudice scarf

@litographs

Complete with the words from their favorite novels!

2. A gift card to their favorite coffee joint!

latte art three person holding beverage cups Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash

English majors need a lot of caffeine.

3. A set of essential oils!

Collection of essential oils

@youngliving

It's the most stressful time of year between exams, essays, and final projects. Add a little aromatherapy to your English major's life!

4. An editting software.

person typing on silver MacBook person typing on silver MacBook Photo by Burst on Unsplash

There are many options for this---but if the English major you know plans to keep writing in their future, or is ready to take their writing to the next level, invest in a software like ProWritingAid or Vellum.

5. A cute pair of bookends from Etsy!

Bookend that spells author.

KnobCreekMetalArts on Etsy

If you scroll through Etsy, there's another bookend that spells "WRITER". What a cute way to keep all of those assigned literature books organized!

6. A typewriter desk organizer!

Desk organizer that looks like typewriter

Amazon.com

This cute antique inspired desk organizer will be perfect for the writer in your life!

7. A book themed throwpillow!

Throw pillow that reads "Just One More Chapter"

Amazon.com

Let's be honest, English majors are always reading. And they might as well have a comfortable throw pillow while finishing their assigned texts!

8. A candle to remind them of the library!

Book themed candle

Amazon.com

Perfect for bringing those bookstore vibes to the comfort of your home.

9. "I Like Big Books and I Cannot Lie" Socks

Socks that say "I like big books and I cannot lie"

Amazon.com

Find these funny socks on Amazon!

10. Literature themed writing gloves

Gloves with Alice in Wonderland

Amazon.com

Perfect for keeping the hands warm and fingers free when writing an essay.

These are only a few suggested items, and if you still haven't found the right fit for that lover of literature in your life don't sweat it! Amazon and Etsy have plenty of quirky items that will suit your bookworm. Happy season of giving!