7 Essential Items To Take On Your Summer Beach Vacation

Whether you're going with your family, friends, or a combination of both, there's a few essentials that any vacation group needs to have an incredibly fun and unforgettable trip.

30

Now that classes, the stress of finals, and moving out of your dorm are behind you, it's time to get in the summer mindset. After finally getting caught up on sleep and getting used to living under your parent's roof again, the only things left on your priority list are a summer tan, making money, and most of all, your summer trip. Whether you're going with your family, friends, or a combination of both, there's a few essentials that any vacation group needs to have an incredibly fun and unforgettable trip. So as you're packing up those suitcases and checking things off your list, make sure you have these seven items.

1. Sunscreen

Take it from a pale girl who burns and peels before I turn any shade of tan. Whether it's SPF 50, 30, 15, or for the daring and blessed people that tan easily enough to wear SPF 4, pack sunscreen and lots of it. Better safe than sorry. You don't want an awful burn ruining your trip.

2. A book

I know I know, reading on a summer vacation sounds terrible right? Wrong. Whether it's a pamphlet from the place you're staying, The Harry Potter series that you're reading for the 4th time, or my personal choice of a summer romance novel, having something to read while lounging on the beach is a great way to pass time.

3. Sunglasses

This sort of goes hand-in-hand with the book because without sunglasses, squinting to read the tiny font is sure enough to give you a headache. Also, to the ladies out there who don't wear makeup to the beach like myself but still want to take cute beach pictures, sunglasses make any beach picture look great.

4. Music and a speaker

What is a good summer vacation without an epic beach playlist? Making a list of songs to last a few hours while chilling in the sun makes any place feel like paradise. With a cold drink in hand, sun shining down, and the perfect country song playing in the background, it can't get much better than that.

5. A hat

The sun can get brutal, especially on your face and shoulders, so a baseball cap or a floppy straw hat is ideal for right around the fourth day of the trip when the sun begins to drain you. Plus, they also look cute in pictures.

6. GoPro

This is a bit of a splurge but if you're going somewhere where you'll be doing a lot of fun water activities, you're a surfer or you just want something to take in the pool and ocean to take awesome pictures and videos, a GoPro is is the way to go. If you're like me and don't want to ruin yet another iPhone and don't want to risk taking your phone near the water, a GoPro will save the day.

7. Family or a friend

This may go without saying, but nothing makes a trip more memorable than the people you share it with, so taking a trip with the people you love most will make any vacation just that much better.

Of course, there are the essentials like food, bathing suits, towels, etc., but these seven people and things will turn a standard week at the beach into a trip you'll be talking about for years. So pour yourself a drink, sit back, relax and enjoy your vacation.