7 Easy Ways to Make Someone's Day

7 Easy Ways to Make Someone's Day

Be a day-maker.

45
7 Easy Ways to Make Someone's Day
livelaughlinger

It's so easy to rush through our days and be dead-focused on classes and our everyday schedule that you forget that there are other people who are the stars of their own lives, not just extras in yours. Any way of breaking out of the everyday muck of life is wonderful, especially when it's a day-maker instead of a day-ruiner. To try and make life a little better for those around you, here are some small things you can do to really turn someone's day (or life) around.

1. Give A Compliment

Seriously. "I like your glasses." "Your hair looks so great today!" "You've always been there for me and I appreciate that." "You're doing a great job, no matter what anyone says." Compliment your friends. You may see them all the time, and they know you love them, but an impromptu compliment is always a good way to show that. Compliment strangers too, especially. I know it can be awkward (especially with the opposite sex) but go for it! Most people are always touched when people say something nice.

2. Check On Your Friends

You know the feeling when you get a random text from a friend asking how you are or making sure that you're okay after a terrible week. Go for it! Random texts are always appreciated, especially from people you don't talk to all the time. You never know how timely you might be. You could be the person someone needs at the moment

3. Hang Out with Someone You Haven't Seen in a While

You may feel like it will come across the wrong way, but try to reconnect with that friend from Line Camp that you haven't talked to in forever. That guy you only had lunch with one Freshman year? See how he's doing. Feeling wanted and valued is always a nice pick-me-up.

4. Pay for Someone Else's Food/Drink

You've got a few extra dollars in your wallet (At least one on your college budget), so use it to bless someone. If you can afford that crazy Starbucks latte, then you can probably afford to hook up the person behind you in line. You may not get the glory and thanks for this, but the person you help will certainly be thankful. You might be the reason they get through studying for that exam-to-end-all-exams.

5. Send Someone a Bible Verse or Encouragement

Like I've said before, you have the power to provide just what someone might need at a given moment. Pray for someone and send them a verse you feel might be inspirational or touching for them. Take some time and write a handwritten letter telling them how awesome they are, or just send them a super long text. Love and niceness are always appreciated.

6. Just Smile

Sometimes for me, it's nice to be acknowledged by someone I pass on the sidewalk. Seeing someone smile instead of mean-mugging everywhere they walk can be a super small thing that can be a little bit of light in a long day. Smile! Life's crazy, but you can smile at the super cool person you see every day on Fountain Mall. It won't hurt, I promise.

7. Be Helpful Around Your Apartment or Dorm Room

Do the dishes for that roommate who never does them. Clean up the house a little bit so it's a better environment for everybody. You may not want to do it, but do it anyway. If you're the person who never does their chores, be on time and go the extra mile to show your roomies that you actually do care.

You can do it! You have great power, my friend, to make someone's day. It's hard to believe sometimes, but I've always heard that one of the best ways to be happier yourself is to make someone else happy. Be that person and make someone's day a little better than it was before. Who wants to make days worse anyways?