7 Dating Apps That AREN'T Tinder That Are Equally As Successful

We just took online dating to a whole other level.

4541
Unsplash

Are you just completely and utterly done with the online dating scene?

It seems like the only guys out there are interested in only one thing...Tinder I'm looking at you. It's no longer online DATING; it has turned into just a hookup scene which is fine, but what about when you actually want to meet someone and fall in love?

Let's shake things up a bit and try out some new apps that I promise you will be worth the switch.

1. Coffee Meets Bagel

Are you completely overwhelmed with the amounts of messages (that are borderline creepy, let’s be honest) flooding into your Tinder inbox? Coffee Meets Bagel is an app that cuts out all of the crap. Every day at noon you are presented with a bagel, a match. How incredibly cute is that?! The app also only connects to your Facebook to find matches and it honestly makes you hustle because you only have 24 hours to decide if you like your bagel or if you’re going to pass. If none of this has been convincing enough, this app also offers discounts at local restaurants and coffee shops. Discount food…c’mon!

2. Tastebuds

If someone’s music tastes differ from yours, do you automatically say “Nah, not interested”? Same girl, same. Honey, this app is perfect for you. With Tastebud, you are only matched with people who listen to the same music as you! So, you get a hot date and unlimited jam sessions. I don't know about you, but jam sessions to the fave artist equals true love in my book.

3. Meet Me Outside

If you are someone who absolutely dreads sitting in a stuffy restaurant with someone you don’t know, you should definitely check out Meet Me Outside. This app takes a list of your favorite things to do and matches it with like-minded people! It suggests super cool outings that you can do with your potential partner to avoid that awkward question “So, what do you want to do?” It gets you off your phone and out living life!

4. Happn

Now, this dating app is pretty dope. Have you ever wondered if you have crossed paths with your future hubby? If you ever were in the candy aisle at target internally debating over m&ms and sour patch kids and had absolutely no idea that your future love was RIGHT THERE? This app literally shows you people you cross paths with on a daily basis – the restaurants you frequent, your gym, that really cute coffee shop you study in – and matches you up! It might be just a tad creepy, but it’s super cute.

5. Bumble

Created by the co-founder of Tinder, Whitney Wolfe, Bumble is designed to empower women to strike up conversations on their own without waiting on the man. Once you swipe right on a match, it’s added to your “hive” of connections and you have only 24 hours to make that move! If you’re too slow, you lose that match forever. Time to hustle ladies!

6. Hinge

Does the thought of online dating completely creep you out? It’s hard to not wonder if you’re being catfished or if some creep will show up. Hinge completely eliminates the creep-factor and only matches you with friends of friends in your social circle. Every day you get 20 matches that you can either swipe yes or no and bonus, the app now features your Facebook relationship status so all of those two-faced cheaters will be cut out!

7. Grouper

Now, this app is truly unique; instead of just messaging back and forth waiting for the other person to FINALLY ask the other out, this app lets you jump right in. Grouper sets you up on not just a one-on-one date, but a TRIPLE date! How insane is that?! The app matches you up with two people using your Facebook and from there everyone has to bring two friends. No info is shared before the date. It is literally blind dating to the max! Everyone pays $20 – to avoid those who chicken out or want to be cheap – which pays for the pre-planned date and the dating service! If it completely just does not work, at least you’re out with friends!

Alright ladies, let's get to swiping.