7 Books You MUST Read This Summer

7 Books You MUST Read This Summer

Honestly, you won't be able to put them down.

31
7 Books You MUST Read This Summer
Food Tank

It's summertime! That means that you are by the pool or the beach, and you may be in need of a good read. I personally love to read and to suggest books. Throughout the summer, I have come across some of the most addicting books. I'm talking about books that I have read in 24 hours or less.

If you're looking for the perfect read for the summer, then look below for seven ideas for your summer book list.

1. November 9 by Colleen Hoover

One of my good friends at school described this book as her absolute favorite love story, so naturally I was drawn to read it this summer. I read the book in one day and I was completely obsessed with it. The storyline is different from other books that I have read. It's a story about two characters Fallon and Ben that meet the day before Fallon is moving. They become attracted to each other in a short amount of time and they vow to meet up with each other every year on the same day, Nov. 9. The story is set around each time that they meet up and how their lives have changed and how it effects their relationship. The book will take you on an emotional roller coaster; there are so many twists and turns! Overall, it was so good and now it is one of my personal favorites!

2. The Heiresses by Sara Shepard

This book was like a suspenseful "Gossip Girl" episode! It takes place in the high society of New York City and follows the lives of the five Saybrook heiresses. Their world is lush and rich, yet every Saybrook sister is struggling with their own problem, secret or scandal. Their family is struck by loss when their sister Poppy is murdered. Things get crazy when the sisters realize that to solve the murder, problems from their past start to haunt them. Slowly, every scandal starts to bubble up to the surface as the characters try to piece together Poppy's murder.

3. Between by Jessica Warman

This book is another twisty, crazy-good book. It's about a girl named Liz — she's pretty, she has friends and she has money. Her life is pretty much perfect. On her 18th birthday, Liz wakes up to look over her yacht to see her own body floating in the water; she has no idea what's happening. Liz wanders around and meets a classmate named Alex, and together they unravel the mysteries of both of their deaths. Between is such a good book. It really keeps you guessing and the end of the book will shock you!

4. What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

I really liked this book because it was an interesting concept that I've never read about in a book. The story is about a woman named Alice. She falls at the gym and looses the memory of the last 10 years of her life. The story is told through Alice's eyes and it shows how much your life and your own personality can change. The story also shows the lives of her sister and her grandmother. It shows that your life is up to fate, and how fate can shape and change your life.

5. Defending Jacob by William Landay

This book is honestly so twisted and thrilling; the end will leave you with your mouth open. I finished this book and I actually had to reread the page to make sure that I read it correctly. IT'S SO TWISTED. The story is told from the perspective of Andy Barber, the town's successful assistant district attorney. The story starts with a murder in the upscale town that Andy and his family live in. It isn't just any murder though, it's the murder of a teen that goes to school with Andy's son, Jacob. As the murder investigation goes on, fingers begin to point at Jacob. While Jacob is accused of the murder, Andy believes that he is innocent. The book honestly kept me guessing until the end. If you love a twisty book that keeps you guessing, this one is for you!

6. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

Liane Moriarty is one of my favorite authors. The book kept me up all night reading it because I honestly could not put it down. The story focuses on the lives of three women. All of the women have children that attend school together. There's a connection between all of them, but they don't even know it. The connection is linked back to a murder that happens at a school event. The murder is a mystery, though, so you don't know who did it, or how, when or why it happened! The story is revealed by reading about the weeks leading up to the murder, all in the different perspectives of the characters. It is one of the best books that I have ever read.

7. The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

So during my addiction to Liane Moriarty's books, I read The Husband's Secret; a book that is full of secrets and lies. The book is basically Pandora's Box. A woman finds a letter from her husband telling her to only read it upon his death. Does she open it? Should she open it? (Personal side note: Um, yes she should!) The story is told from the point-of-view of three different women. Each stories weaves together to create an ending that is so explosive, you will honestly never see it coming. The book makes you wonder about how each of your own actions causes a ripple effect.