7 book recommendations

7 book recommendations

For those moments when you just don't know what to read.

8
7 book recommendations

We all have those times when we feel like we have absolutely nothing to do. Those are my favorite times to grab a cup of tea, and read a good book. The problem is, a lot of times I have absolutely no clue what it is that I want to read. But it always seems like if other people are wondering what to read, I can shout a ton of titles off the top of my head.

So if you are looking for more reading material, these are some of my personal favorites.

1. Beware the Wild

I feel like this book is relatively unknown, given that a lot of my friends haven't read it. But I wanted to check it out almost as soon as I heard what it is about. The book is about a girl who's brother disappears into a swamp, and all local legends say that people who go into this swamp never come back out. Someone does come out, but it is not her brother, it is a girl around her age, and now everyone thinks that they are sisters, and it seems that no one can remember her brother.

The book then focuses on her trying to figure out where this girl came from, and trying to get her brother back.

2. Cinder

This book is different than any other fairy tale retelling I have ever read. It is set in the future, and our Cinderella is a cyborg. Oh, and did I mention that there are people living on the moon? I originally only bought the first two books online. But after finishing the second. I had a fangirl emergency and immediately bought the next two.

3. Salt to the Sea

This book is very different from the last two, given that it is both based on a true historical event, and that it deals with a much heavier topic. It centers around the sinking of the Wilhelm Gustloff. The worst maritime disaster in history, where over 9,000 people lost their lives. While it is not the typical "feel good" read, it is beautifully written, and taught me a lot about an event that I had known nothing about before reading this book.

4. Splintered

This series has been an obsession of mine for a few months now. It's a retelling of alice in wonderland, that is told in a completely different way than any other Alice-based book I've read. I don't want to go into too much detail to avoid spoilers, but needless to say, this book had me hooked!

5. Ender's game

I honestly can't even remember how many times I've read this book. It's one of those books that I just keep going back to. I know a lot of people have already read this book, because it is used in a lot of schools now, but if you haven't, you're missing out, and need to give this book a try. Plus copies can be found at used book stores for very cheap!

6. Out of the easy

This was one of those books that I sat down to start, and ended up reading the whole thing all at once because of how much I enjoyed it. It's not as emotional as Salt to the Sea (written by the same author) but it still is very meaningful, and is relatable for a lot of people. Not to mention, all of the stuff you get to learn about 1950's New Orleans!

7. RoseBlood

This books has just come out, but it is on my list of favorites already. Primarily, because it lived up to the excitement I had, due to already being a fan of A.G Howard. Plus, it's based on Phantom of the Opera! And, the story takes a different turn then you would expect, given what it was based on, which in my opinion, makes it even more enjoyable.

So, next time you're absentmindedly scrolling through Amazon, or wandering around a bookstore, you will have some ideals in the back of your mind on some books that you could read, and let some other people know if you enjoyed them as much as I did!