7 Bible Verses To Get You Through Midterms

It's the time of year again when your exam schedule is picking up, but nothing else is slowing down.

97
Abriel Joy

I must confess that during exams, I sometimes find myself spending less time with God.

Tired from hours of cramming, I start getting too tired to spend time with God after a long day’s work. I begin to lose my priorities. I unintentionally pack my days so full with studying that there’s no room left for him. Before I know it, my usual routine of setting aside time for the Lord each day flies out the window. It’s not an intentional decision… but an insidious process that happens when I lose my priorities in the face of looming barrier exams.

But every year when this happens, one particular verse comes back to me and grabs my attention.

When I remember this passage, I remember what is really important in life. I realize what is the true key to success. What amount of human effort can ever be more effective than the help that God gives to anyone who seeks his kingdom?

It’s the time of year again when your exam schedule is picking up, but nothing else is slowing down. Here are seven solid Bible verses to help you out. And remember, you never have to be afraid of exams.

Hebrews 13:6

So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”

Romans 8:31

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Colossians 3:23-24

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 Peter 1:6-7

…for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7 These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

2 Corinthians 4:16-17

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

Psalm 18:29

With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God Ican scale a wall.