7 Artists That You Probably Aren't Listening To, But You Should Be

3. Noah Gundersen

222

As somebody with a deep love and appreciation for music, I am always seeking new music and trying to find music with a new or different sound. I am a huge fan of acoustic music, and can sometime's like things with more of a folky sound. This doesn't mean I don't like other music, but I've found that that genre of music is typically the kind of music I seek out. And in seeking out that kind of music, I have realized that there is so much music out there that almost nobody listens to and appreciates. So here is a comprehensive list of some lesser known artists that everyone should go out and listen to.

1. The Adjective

The Adjective is an artist I discovered recently, and I don't honestly remember how I discovered him, but I am so glad I did. One of my favorite songs by him is "Our Favorite Records," which is off of his EP "Different Directions." I also love his single "Lucky Lighter."

2. The White Buffalo

The White Buffalo is actually an artist my dad introduced me to. His most popular song is called "Come Join The Murder," as it is from Sons of Anarchy, but he has such a unique sound, that song is not even his best song. Two favorites of mine are "Damned" off of his album Hogtied Revisted, as well as "I Am The Moon" off of his album Darkest Darks, Lightest Lights.

3. Noah Gundersen

Noah Gundersen was also featured on Sons of Anarchy with his song "Day Is Gone." His sound is typically more acoustic, and his voice is very unique. Some personal favorites of mine are "Jesus, Jesus," "Slow Dancer," "Cigarettes," and "Time Moves Quickly." Be forewarned, at least in my experience, all of his shows are 21 and older, and I am sadly only 20.

4. Qveen Herby

Qveen Herby is a female rapper, which is very different from the other artists on this list. She is actually known for her work in the duo Karmin with her now husband. Some favorites of hers are "Love Myself" and "No Limit (remix)." She's sassy and does not hold back on how she feels in her music.

5. John Fairhurst

John Fairhurst was recommended to me by one of my favorite people, and he's definitely someone I trust about music, because wow. Fairhurst's music is something not often heard nowadays. His deep gravelly voice mixed with his blues guitar playing makes for an experience unlike many artists today. Some of my favorite songs of his so far are "The Snow Lies Deep," "I'm Going To See My Baby," "Saltwater," and "Big Dig."

6. One Two

One Two is so unknown, that nobody knows if they are a couple or just friends. But either way, the music they create together is unique. They don't have much out, but some of their best songs are "Without You" and "Said I Would."

7. Ruelle

Maggie Eckford and her associate producers produce a unique sound that has heavy drums. The electronic backing produced adds to Maggie's vocal's in a way that is unrivaled. Some of the best songs from Ruelle are "Rival," "War Of Hearts (Acoustic Version)," "Recover," and "The Other Side."

These seven artists are some of the better unknown artists I have found. All of them can be found on iTunes and YouTube. So look them up, and enrich your music library with their individual sounds.