6 College-Oriented New Years Resolutions To Actually Stick To

New year, new semester, new start.

In college, the new year is the best time to start something new. New classes mean a fresh start for academics and student life. Don't know where to start? Here are a few resolutions to start and stick with.

1. Drink more water

In college, the many beverage choices make it difficult to choose water over pop. On average, you should drink half a gallon of water a day, or 64 ounces. That is about 4 water bottles. Even if you don't drink that much a day, drinking water is key to detoxifying your body and staying hydrated and healthy.

2. Spend more time studying in the library

Did you not get the grades you were hoping for last semester? Maybe you want to study more? Sometimes it's about forcing yourself to sit in the library, free of distractions. Find your new favorite study spot and get cracking on those note cards!

3. Go to the gym regularly

Personally, I have never been one to go to the gym, but that doesn't mean that I can't start. Eat healthy and stay motivated. Find a new workout and a gym buddy. This doesn't mean that you have to work out everyday. Don't forget to take days off.

4. Gain a new hobby

The new year is the perfect time to start something new. Start calligraphy, the book list you've been dying to read, or even all the movies on your list on Netflix. Set goals throughout the year and checkpoints for along the way.

5. Join a new organization

College is all about getting involved and meeting new people. The start of the new semester is the best for joining new clubs when they start back up. They have a fresh start and so do you.

6. Learn to cook

Cooking is easy once you understand what you are doing and healthy food goes along great with working out and drinking plenty of water. Pinterest is a great place to find yummy recipes.