6 Ways To Know You've Found Your "One"

6 Ways To Know You've Found Your "One"

All you need is love.

23
6 Ways To Know You've Found Your "One"

Growing up as a little girl, I had this whole idea of my "prince charming" I would marry one day. He would be tall, handsome, kind, compassionate, thoughtful, encouraging, and obviously a prince (duh!). However, as I grew up, I realized it would be a lot harder to find that prince. After a few too many heart breaks, I decided I was not going to look anymore, and if I was going to meet my "one," it would happen eventually. Oddly, as soon as I decided to quit searching...I saw him, and wow he was incredibly handsome! It only took one date and we both knew that this was it. I realize now that he has more to him than my "prince list" ever had. Whether young or old, when you've found the one, you just know. So, here are six ways to know when you really have found the one:

1. The First and Last Thing You Think Of.

When you first wake up and roll over to his/her side of the bed, regardless of if they are there or not, you think of them. You think of their face, their smell, the way things seem better when they are there with you to start the day, and how much you miss them when they aren't. At night, you climb into bed and the same thing happens. You realize there is absolutely nothing better than starting and ending your day with the love of your life, and you could easily do it for the next 50+ years.

2. When You're Happy, I'm Happy.

When your other half is sad, you're sad, and it kills you to see them that way. When they're happy, your heart is filled with joy and you're happy right alongside them. You seem to be connected in a way where their emotions directly effect yours, and not just your thoughts. You hold part of each other in your heart and somehow it makes their emotions feel like yours too. If you're a bird, I'm a bird, babe.

3. I LOVE YOU x 1,000,000

I love you, I miss you, be careful, let me know when you're there safe, you're beautiful or handsome, etc. You love them in every little way you can -- whether it is actually telling them how much you love them at least 500 times a day (like I do), or simply just telling them to be careful going to work and to let you know they're safe and sound when they aren't with you. Love is an overwhelming emotion and you can't seem to tell them you love them nearly enough times in a day.

4. I Can't See A Thing.

Out of nowhere, you realize you don't even glance at another girl/guy because you have everything you could ever ask for. If someone approaches you, you let them know right away you're happily taken. Oddly, other people seem like total losers compared to your other half and you couldn't be more content with that. All you see is the person you love standing next to you, and you're eyes seem to be locked on them permanently.

5. You = Me

You are equals. There are no designated jobs or chores each of you have to do for the relationship. You have an understanding that you are in this together. You both enjoy making dinner for the other person and always help cleaning up the mess you've made. Paying for groceries or dinner or adventures isn't designated — you both want to pay for things and you don't expect one to pay for everything all the time. Doing dishes or putting away the laundry is just another item on the to do list together, and you happily take turns doing day to day activities.

6. You're My Soulmate.

They are your best friend above all else. You genuinely have fun with them and seem to be best friends before anything else in your relationship. Acting like kids and coloring in disney or superhero coloring books seems to be one of your favorite moments together. Going on adventures to the zoo or staying in and watching movies and making snicker doodles seem to be equally as fun. You put up with each other's sassy moods and somehow still think they're amazing when they are being cranky. You cherish every moment together and genuinely love each other more each day. You enjoy the things he/she does and vice versa. At the end of the day, regardless of how it went, you both know you love each other and that is the most important thing. And listen ladies, if he buys you the N'Sync or Backstreet Boys Greatest Hits album, and actually listens to it proudly with you in the car — you should know automatically he's your soulmate.