6 Tips For Girls Who Are Going Through Recruitment This Year

Don't let other people's experiences influence you!

29
al.com

The minute you enter college is the time where you have the opportunity to go out and meet extraordinary people and find the amazing human being that is inside of you, and what better way of doing that than being involved on campus! Almost every college student gets involved with extra curricular activities that are available at their school. There's athletics, key club, business clubs, and best of all –– Greek Life! Every year, hundreds of girls go through Panhellic Recruitment to find their home away from home! I know some of you may have heard of crazy stories of how recruitment works and the pressure that comes along it, but if there is one thing I can say through my past experience is that recruitment is not scary! Recruitment week was probably one of the best weeks of my life and if you plan on going through recruitment this year, than I have a few tips for you before you meet the woman who are going to change your life forever.

1. Don't let other people's experience get in the way of you going through rush week.

I am sure there is that one friend or relative who will tell you their experience during recruitment week. Some of them may say that they have had a wonderful experience and even received a bid, but some may tell you otherwise. No matter what the case is, don't let their negative feelings towards rush week convince you to not go through recruitment. Everyone has a different experience when meeting all the chapters, and it is important that you remember that when you it is your turn!

2. Dress to impress.

First of foremost, the girls will not judge you based off your looks! That is the last thing they are looking for when they are meeting you guys, but it never hurts to look nice when you are going through recruitment. Chapters even have certain guidelines of what they would like to see dress such as business casual for preference night, but they never ever look at things such as weight. The only thing you need to do is dress to impress!

3. Don't be intimated when you visit the chapters.

It may seem intimidating when you first meet the girls, but if there is one thing I can tell you is that you do not, and should not feel intimidated when you go through rush week. The girls are excited to see you and get to know you, so do not under any circumstances feel intimidated by them.

4. Go into the chapters with a positive attitude.

No one likes a negative nancy, but if you are a person with a bunch of optimism than this shouldn't be a problem for you. Always go into the houses with a smile and the motivation to learn about they girls and their chapters.

5. Do some research on the chapters before you begin recruitment.

Another suggestion for those who are rushing this year is to look and see what chapters are on your campus, and do some research about them online before recruitment. The girls will tell you everything about their chapters, but they will be more impressed when they see you already have the knowledge.

6. Never – and I mean never – be afraid to show the girls who you are.

I have saved the best tip for last, which is to not be afraid to show the girls who you truly are! That is how rush week works. Every sorority woman wants to see who you truly are so that they can find the beautiful and magnificent individual that you are, and if you have the confidence to do so, then honey you are going to receive a lot of call backs at this years rush week!