6 Times Tomi Lahren Needed To Take A Seat

Some things are better left unsaid, especially if you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

73

Tomi Lahren. Most of you know her by now. She's explosive, infuriating and a lot of the time just downright outrageous. While there might be some things you would like to agree with her on, it's safe to say that many of us could also agree that this woman may not have the right to sit in front of millions and preach about things she knows nothing about from such an influential place. It might be time for this hot-headed, privileged white woman to stand down from her place if she thinks it's her job to comment on certain aspects of other cultures that are not her own. Here are six times that Tomi Lahren exhibited complete disrespect and needed to, honestly, just sit the hell down.

1. That one time she blamed BLM for the police deaths in Dallas, TX.

2. And then when she compared BLM to the KKK...

3. When she told the Grey's Anatomy star, Jesse Williams, to 'get over' himself after using an acceptance speech for social reform at the BET (Black Entertainment Television) Awards Ceremony.

“The BET definition of a humanitarian is someone who perpetuates a war on cops” - Tomi Lahren.

And how would you know that, Tomi? Last time I checked you were not in attendance, nor do you participate in Black Entertainment Television… smh.

4. When Ms. Lahren played the blame game and gave President Obama all the credit for radical Islam while suggesting that the United States declare war...

“I’ve had it with this failed strategy. This half-way, half-baked, tiptoe, be-friendly-to-jihadis mentality pushed by this administration. Be a leader, somewhat. They, the radical Islamists have brought the fight right here to the red, white and blue and it’s about time we bring it to them.” - Tomi Lahren

5. When she sat in front of millions of people who struggle to put their children through college and told them that free education was taking the easy way out.

“Millennials, that little voice in your head that tells you to keep going – listen. Don’t listen to Bernie or Hillary tell you free things are your incentive to apply for college or vote." - Tomi Lahren

Ok, Tomi. Lets say for one minute we consider what you're saying. What about all of the kids who do follow your advice and apply to college? Then, maybe, they get in. Great! What about now? What about paying for school? You and I and thousands of American families all know that scholarships can only go so far. While it's a reality for more than a few that hard work pays off, it's not always that easy.

6. And of course, the time Beyonce danced at the Superbowl to her new song, 'Formation' and Tomi Lahren went berserk.

"'This isn't about equality, this is about ram roding an agenda down our throats and using fame and entertainment to do so.'' - Tomi Lahren

Ok, so maybe we don't all know everything. What I do know is that Tomi and I have one thing in common. We are both white women with a background of privilege that was given to us the day we were born. While neither of us can help the fact that we were born with this freedom, we can accept the fact that others were not as lucky as we were. We can also do our best to understand the multitude of other cultures that surround us as citizens in these United States and practice sensitivity to other marginalized groups. Besides, Tomi Lahren is not Beyonce, so Tomi Lahren cannot claim to know what Beyonce's intentions were during her performance at the Superbowl.