6 Things You Feel After A Concert

6 Things You Feel After A Concert

We've all been there. That adrenaline rush, feeling on top of the world, the crash...

56
6 Things You Feel After A Concert
Kathleen Naessens

This one goes out to all my fellow concert addicts. If you have ever gone to a concert before, chances are high that you know the exact feelings that I express in the next six points.

If not, you're lying to yourself.

1. Did that just happen?

Is this real life? It's over already? Did I really just experience that? Why isn't it sinking in? When will it? Can I have a do-over, or, someone please pinch me. That did not happen.

2. Absolute euphoria

You know what I mean. The adrenaline rush that stays with you as you leave the concert. Feeling on top of the world and ready to take it over because of the energy level you're on. Listening to the band's music over and over again because you just saw them! The cloud nine moment of concerts.

3. Reflection

Now that your life is forever changed, or so it feels like, you have a second to register the events that just occurred. This is the time where you might sift through your pictures and videos, deciding what to post along the way. Looking back on all of those perfect concert memories you just made, still not registering what happened.

4. Reality strikes

The realization that you will never experience exactly what you just saw ever again. You are back in the real world and the best you can do is turn Spotify all the way up and replay the show in your mind.

5. Post-Concert Depression

It's a real thing. Staring at your ceiling, feeling a strange sadness pushing on you. An hour earlier you were thriving at the concert of your dreams and now all you have left are the low quality pictures that seemed so much better in the moment. It just ended so soon, how could you not be upset?

6. Acceptance

Okay, okay, of course you were sad that this concert was over, but you will go again next time they come. In the mean time, maybe you can convince your friends to go to another concert with you next month. You purchase the tickets, you are completely broke, but you get to continue the concert-going cycle you love so much. With another concert coming up, you have something to look forward to! Nothing else matters until...

So there you have it, the six stages you go through after a concert! It just hurts in such a good way. See you all at the next concert.