6 Things All Twins Are Tired Of Hearing

6 Things All Twins Are Tired Of Hearing

Here are things twins are tired of hearing from other people.

23
6 Things All Twins Are Tired Of Hearing
Reece

Having a twin means having a person that has literally been there since day one. Some people seem to be really amazed by the idea of having a twin and what it is like. They treat it almost as if you and your twin so you are a new kind of species. When I say I have a twin what follows next is some of the weirdest and most annoying questions that I could possibly be asked. If you ever run into a twin or have a twin friend, here are a few things that we are all tired of hearing.

1. What is it like to have a twin?

I am not sure exactly what this question means or how I am supposed to answer it. Having a twin is like having a sister and a best of best friends all in one. Essentially it is just having a sister, but better. This question always makes me feel put on the spot and that I am supposed to go on about how magical it is.

2. Who is older?

No one. My twin and I are the exact same age because we are TWINS. I cannot remember one person not asking me that question. People understand that twins mean we shared the womb and are the same age, but I always get the question. It does not matter to any twin who is actually older. It does, however, seem to matter to the general public. We may joke about it, but it does not matter.

3. Is twin telepathy a real thing?

We are not magical elves. We just shared a womb. Sometimes it may seem like we have telepathy because we are closer than most normal sisters and brothers. However, if my twin is another state I cannot just feel what she is thinking. Twins do not have super powers or anything of the sort. We are just the average human who happened to share a womb with someone else.

4. My sister/brother/friend and I are basically twins because…

This may not be a question, but it is almost more annoying than any other question I get. You and whoever are nothing like twins. Just because you and whoever are really close and birthdays might be close does not mean that you guys have the same bond that twins do. You could write me a five paragraph essay on why you and so-and-so are basically like twins, but you are not. You are nothing like twins, so just stop.

5. Do you like your twin/are you close with your twin?

First, that’s a weirdly personal question that you would not ask anybody else. Second, yes I love my twin and love hanging out with her. However, none of that is your business because I just met you and if you have known me for a while then you already know. You would not ask that to someone you just met about their mother, father, brother or sister, so do not ask me that about my twin.

6. I would love to have a twin because…

This statement usually leads to some saying or describing the plot line to Parent Trap. Not all twins are identical, and even the ones that are do not switch places all the time. Each twin does have their own life and having a twin also means sharing your birthday and everything else. I love my twin to death and would rather die than not be a twin. However, being a twin also means not being just yourself. People will always join you two together and just assume that you do not mind.

Having a twin is awesome and I would not trade it for the world. But having a twin does not make me magical or open me up for anyone to ask me personal questions about my twin and me. I know having a twin seems like a fun idea, but it's not Parent Trap. Twins do not switch places all the time and play pranks.