6 Things To Do On Move In Day

6 Things To Do On Move In Day

Life is getting ready to change, don't forget to do these things first.

4
6 Things To Do On Move In Day
Google

1. Savor every second in the car with your parents on the way to school. The relationship you have now will never be the same. College changes you, not necessarily for the bad, but it does change you. The relationship you share with your parents right now will never be the same again. Enjoy those few moments before adulthood strikes you full force.

2. Enjoy the day. Don't stress out. Don't fight with your roommate on how the room should be organized. Make it a day to remember!

3. Take a lot of pictures. You want to remember this day. You want to be able to tell your children about this day and reminisce when you move them into their freshman dorms years down the road.

4. Let your parents stay as long as they want. Sure, it might be a little annoying, but you need to let them. Their baby is growing up and this day is much harder for them than it is for you.

5. On the same token, if your mom wants to unpack things for you, let her. If your dad won't stop making annoying dad jokes, don't try to stop him. They are coping the best way they know how. As I said before, savor these moments. They will get you through your hardest days.

6. And lastly, let your "see you later" be genuine. Give hugs, let your mom kiss you, if the tears start to flow, let them. Life is changing, but it's a beautiful change.

P.S. It's totally acceptable for roommates to cry together as soon as the parents leave. Let's call it bonding time.