6 Things to be Thankful for this Thanksgiving

Now go stuff your face full of turkey, wash it down with some wine and enjoy your total carb-coma!

7
Flickr

Thanksgiving, in my opinion, is the greatest holiday of all time. There is no better combination than food, family and football; and that’s coming from a girl that doesn’t even understand football in the slightest. It is the time of year to give thanks for the many blessings that we have been given during the year. If your family is like every TV family hosting a thanksgiving special I can assume that you are required to go around the table and say what you are thankful for; here are a few things you can say when your siblings steal all the normal answers.

1. Not Texting Your Ex While out for Thanksgiving-Eve

If you’re anything like me, and you’re of age, you enjoying going to your local neighborhood dive bar and enjoying a few too many drinks on Thanksgiving-Eve. After a few glasses of whatever is on special and the pure excitement of being around your lifelong friends, that phone begins to feel a little heavier in your pocket. A few more drinks go down easily, and it seems as though the only number in your phone is your Ex. You know nothing good will come from texting them and you should definitely listen to protesting slurs of your friends. Just stick to the Snapchat stories avoid texting anyone, the people you care about will be there dancing the night away with you.

2. COFFEE

Coffee is the sweet nectar of life. If you’re a twenty-something and you have not once uttered the words “I have coffee running through my veins”, then consider yourself lucky that you have not fallen to the feet of this necessity. No matter if you enjoy your coffee from Starbucks or Dunkin’ Donuts, creamer or black, hot or iced, we can all agree that coffee has become its own food group and we can hardly live without it.

3. The Gilmore Girls Revival

It has been nine years since a new episode of Gilmore Girls has graced our televisions, and its return to our screens is long over-due. We grew up watching Lorelai and Rory go through life and creating #friendshipgoals as mother and daughter while hashtags were still just the pound key on our flip phones. The world has so many questions about what has happened after the series ended; who does Rory end up with? Will Melissa McCarthy steal the show after her rise to fame? How many odd jobs will Kirk have in this revival? The list goes on and on, luckily we can put these questions to rest after this week and that is definitely something to be thankful for.

4. Joe Biden Memes

No matter what political party you side with, I personally represent the cocktail party, you have to admit that the Memes of Joe Biden are hilarious. It’s tough to scroll through any form of social media without stumbling upon these total gems. The Election of 2016 has caused some controversy, but these Memes can help to join us all together as people who really enjoy a good laugh.

5. Recipe Videos

Domestic goddess or not we can all agree that recipe videos are the real MVP of 2016. As a person who has never cooked anything but pasta in her life I can attest to this. Recipe videos are perfect for the twenty-something who needs the perfect appetizer for their game-day get together or their bubbly brunch; it's also great or those who just want to watch delicious food being made and sharing it with the friends that can actually so some of the cooking. Find a nice (simple) Thanksgiving recipe and surprise your family with it, I guarantee they’ll be thankful.

6. Your Loved Ones

Take a look around your thanksgiving table, your living room, your barstool and look at the people who surround you. Look at your family and friends and thank them for everything they do for you. It’s so easy to forget that the people in your life need thanking, but it’s so important to show your appreciation. Bring your mom flowers, play a game of scrabble with your dad, hug your friends a little extra and thank them for the love and support they all have shown you throughout the years. Friends and Family are what truly make Thanksgiving special.

Hopefully this list will add a little bit of laughter to your holiday table; and Grandma won’t be offended by your bar hopping and coffee drinking ways!

Happy Thanksgiving ya’ filthy animal!