6 Things To Look Forward To About Fall

6 Things To Look Forward To About Fall

Put an End to Your End of Summer Gloom

13
6 Things To Look Forward To About Fall

School has been back in session for something like a month now and many of you are still longing for summer to return. I hate to rain on your parade, but we still have about nine months to go. Although your summer vacation was probably pretty great, your constant reminiscing is distracting you from making this season awesome, and believe it or not, Fall is a pretty great season. So, as we make the admittedly painful transition out of summer, let me remind you some of the best things Autumn has to offer:

1.Football

In my opinion, any list about fall ought to start with this. In fact, as summer dwindles down each year, the first thing I tell myself to stay optimistic is “Football is coming soon.” The weekend starts off with supporting your high school on Friday night, then cheering for your favorite college on Saturday, and finally rooting on your professional organization on Sunday. The fun and atmosphere that comes with this, as well as competing in Fantasy Football, is a highlight of Fall to me.

2.Fairs

Autumn is Fair and Festival Season. Bored on the weekend? No problem! I bet if you look for one, you’ll find a fair just begging for you to attend. Call up a friend, pull out your favorite sweater and boots, and have a great afternoon. Top it all off with cotton candy, candy corn, or a funnel cake, and is it any wonder Fairs are a huge part of Fall?

3.Thanksgiving

... Do I really need to elaborate?

Ok, if you insist. Please forgive me for reiterating point 1 here, but, I mean, football. The tradition in my family is to start Thanksgiving morning with a big football game. When the game is over, we go our separate ways and eat Thanksgiving dinner with our smaller, immediate families, the climax of the entire season of fall. Turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie, … turkey. When we’re finished, we let our food settle, watch some football, nap, and get ready to have everyone in the family over for dessert. We eat our pies and cakes, play trivia, and spend quality time with the people we love. And, of course, talk about football.

4.Halloween

Be real. What high schooler doesn’t look forward to dressing up in a ridiculous costume and running around your neighborhood taking candy from strangers while literally inviting them to “trick” you? If that doesn’t pretty much sum up being a teenager, what does? Seriously though, Halloween is pretty awesome, and the Charlie Brown special is even better.

5.New TV Seasons

I’m writing this leading up to the week of premieres for The Goldbergs, Agents of Shield, NCIS, The Voice, and Big Bang Theory. What’s better than finally figuring out the cliffhanger that your favorite show left you at back in April or May?

6.Friends and Family

Above all, this is what this season is all about. This should be the motive behind every other reason on this list. Fall is a beautiful season with cool nights and perfect colors. Take it all in, reconnect with your favorite people, and enjoy it
all together. This isn’t just what Fall’s about. It’s what life’s about.