6 Reasons Why College Is Stressful

6 Reasons Why College Is Stressful

Sleep? What is sleep?
119

Whoever said college is "the best four years of your life" is a liar because when I try and define college, one word always comes to mind: stressful. Sure, college is fun because you can do whatever you want and when you want, you can eat whatever you want, it's acceptable to tailgate at 8:30 in the morning before a football game, you can party on a weekday, etc. However, college also means you will have endless amounts of homework, you'll change your mind about your life path every day, some guy you thought was forever will break your heart, etc. Here are 10 reasons why college is stressful:

1. You can never get a break from homework. Your professor thinks it's acceptable to assign three papers and two books all in the same week, and then another professor assigns you to read a 300-page book by the next class. Now is it acceptable to live the authentic college lifestyle and get crazy whenever you want? Nope.

2. You have no idea what you want to do with your life. Last week you wanted to be a middle school math teacher, next week you'll want to be a journalist, and the week after you might decide to try nursing. College is great because you have all these options laid out in front of you, but it's stressful when there are so many careers to choose from and you want to try them all.

3. Sleep, what is sleep? Between all the homework, study groups, club soccer, movie nights with your friends, and that 6 a.m. shift at work calling your name, sleep is an unknown word in college when your life is running faster than you are.

4. You remember the glory days when you weren't this stressed. Ah, high school, a time that seems so far away, yet not far at all. A time when your biggest concern was getting into college and not trying to stay in college. High school, a time where your other concern was that your ex-boyfriend was now dating your ex-best friend. College? Don't even get me started about my stress levels in college.

5. You think about dropping out of school four times a day. Now, this isn't just a stressed out college student telling you this, this is a normal college student telling you this. Honestly, is there really a college student out there who hasn't thought about dropping out and moving back home at least once?

6. You think about how much harder it's going to get after you graduate. Mortgage payment, car payment, electric bill, STUDENT LOANS. Enjoy the glory years that are college, I mean, stressful years, because they will be over before you know it and adulthood will be at your doorstep.