6 Reasons To Thank Your Mom

6 Reasons To Thank Your Mom

There are so many reasons to thank the woman who raised you, but here are a few.

2
6 Reasons To Thank Your Mom
Klarisa Price

I often think about where on earth I would be in life without my mom. Actually, it's quite scary to think about to be honest. Who knows? But here I am, sitting here writing this article, very much happy and satisfied with my life. So thank you, Mom.

1. Thank you for being my No. 1 supporter no matter what.

Whether it was sitting through a painful basketball game, track meet, choir concert, musical, dance show or whatever else I thought was my calling at that time, you were there through the rain (literally) and shine. You always manage to put a smile on your face and let me know how proud of me you are.

2. Thank you for always having my back.

Middle school girls. Just typing it gives me the chills. We all know how mean middle school girls are. The days I came home from school, probably crying, you always knew the right things to say. Even now, when things aren't going right, it's so comforting to know that in my eyes, I have a mom who is able to fix everything.

3. Thank you for being my handy-(wo)man.

Yep, that's right. Who is the one that is putting things together for the dorms, hanging things on the wall, and fixing everything I tend to break? You. I don't know how you do it, but I hope one day you teach me all your tricks. Not even to mention that you can get a stain out of ANYTHING.

4. Thank you for making every place I go feel like home.

Although I didn't move far away from home for college, it has definitely been one of the hardest things I've done during my 19 years of life. Without you making my dorm so "homey" and cozy, I am not sure I would have survived my first year. As the years go on, I always know wherever I end up it will feel like home all because of the "mom magic" that you have.

5. Thank you for making me feel loved.

Now this list could go on forever. You are the only to remind me to wear my seatbelt, bring my jacket, wear sunscreen, and all the little day-to-day things that I seem to "forget." You are always there to remind me to be proud of myself in even the tiniest accomplishments. Even though I tend to question everything about my life, there has never been a time where I have questioned your love for me.

6. Thank you for raising me into the woman I am today.

So I may be far from perfect, but without you, I would be even farther. You have turned me into a hard-working, independent woman. I am not afraid to dream big because there is never anyone holding me back, but instead there's you standing by my side pushing me to go even further.