5 Reasons Why You Should Smile Today

5 Reasons Why You Should Smile Today

We all need a reminder to smile every once and a while.

269
5 Reasons Why You Should Smile Today
youqueen.com

Sometimes, in this crazy thing we call life, we forget the importance of smiling. We get caught up in everything going on around us, that we let the most important thing slip away. Happiness. To some, it could seem like a small idea, but remembering to smile can truly change a person's outlook. We just need a reminder from time to time why smiling is worth it. So, here are five reasons to help remind you to show off your pearly whites!

1. It takes more muscles to frown.

I know this might sound cliche, but it's a helpful reminder. Even though scientists often disagree if this statement is true or not, most agree it definitely takes less effort to smile than to frown. So, it is proven that it is easier to smile and be happy than it is to frown. Even simple reminders like this can make a huge difference, and help you remember how important it is to smile.

2. Smiling: It's infectious.

Have you ever seen someone smile and immediately feel the need to smile? That just goes to show how by smiling you can bring other people joy. I ,personally, love to make others smile. Seeing someone else light up because of something I said or did, makes me feel so happy that I can't wipe the smile off my face. If someone else can feel happy just by a smile, doesn't that make smiling a beautiful gesture? Spread cheer one smile at a time.

3. It unleashes the true you.

Smiling can make you feel vulnerable at times. It is a moment where all your guards are down, but it allows those around you to see the real you shine through. We try to hide ourselves away at times, and sometimes that can allow us to lose who we are. We get so caught up in putting on a face we think others want to see, that we forget to show the real us. When you genuinely smile, it breaks down all our layers to the one that matters—you, the real you. So go ahead and smile, we all want to see that side of you!

4. You can still smile.

Smiling is something we need to learn to not take for granted. Eventually in our lifetime, smiling could be taken away from us. This could be for many reasons, so we should enjoy smiling while we can. Sometimes it's easy to forget how important smiling is. Even for those who maybe can't smile, when others smile around them it helps boost their moods. So, not only should you smile while you still can, you should smile for those who cannot.

5. It is a free mood booster.

Like I said earlier, smiling can boost moods. Not only others but also yours. It's impossible to truly smile and be angry. It brings positivity to your life, and who couldn't use a little more of that? Next time you feel upset or angry, count to ten and just smile. It almost just resets your emotions and allows the positive ones to shine through. You don't always need to try and buy happiness. You just need to smile for it!