6 Reasons Why Pets Are More Than Just Animals

Family members don't always walk on two legs and have opposable thumbs.
955

"If you can't love a pet like a family member, don't get one... because they only know how to look at you as a pack member and to them, that is family." - Anonymous

Any pet-owner knows the above quote to be true. Whether they are your "fur babies" or your best friend, pets hold way more importance than just the family animal. So, here are six things that all pet owners know to be true about their beloved furry family members.

1. You get "the look" when it's meal time...

You know what this means. Your furry companion is acting like he or she has been starved for one full calendar year and you need to show mercy. In reality, they get three square meals a day, yet the look of sadness continues.

2. ...Or you get this look if you are eating and your four-legged pal is not.

"Don't be selfish, human! We should all be eating at the same time. Or you should be sharing. But whatever way you slice it, I should be eating."

3. Your pet always seems to know when you've had a bad day.

Your pet is typically the first thing you see after a long day. He or she is ready to greet you at the door regardless of what happened to you. Lost your job? Your dog still loves you. Got dumped? No problem, cuddle up with your cat on the couch.

4. You talk to your pet as if it were a human.

Honestly about 80% of the time I'd rather talk to my pet than a human. All they want is to hear about your day and get belly scratches. Seems like the simplest relationship I may ever have.

5. You enjoy your pet's company more than the company of most humans.

Netflix and pet snuggles can beat out a Saturday night at the bar any time. There's such an ease and simplicity in staying in with your pet. Oh, and there isn't any drama. Can't forget the bar drama.

6. You love them with your entire heart.

Pets are your family. I don't care what anyone says. Sometimes, they are even more family than your own flesh and blood. If you have a special pet in your life that has a sweet demeanor and shows you endless love, consider yourself lucky. I know I do.