6 Reasons I'm Always Down For Nap And Why You Should Too

"I'm going to go take a nap."

132

Naps are the most important part of my day. Honestly, the most important part of my week, to be honest. We all nap in college, and probably more than we did as kids. Let's face it, college it tough. Although we might feel even worse sometimes after a nap, there is a lot of science behind why napping is actually good for you. Here are the reasons why I won't stop napping, as well as why you shouldn't either.

1. Improves your memory and ability to learn

Napping can reset your brain, especially after a long study session. Taking a 60 minute nap can mimic a full night's sleep. This can allow you to learn material twice as fast.

2. Helps you look younger

Fatigue can take a toll on your skin. Naps allow your body to repair dead skin cells and make your skin look younger.

3. Reduces stress

Resting, and not even napping, can allow your brain to relax a bit. To reduce stress, it is better to rest and not actually fall asleep.

4. Improves mental health

Naps and exercise can help improve mental health. With better mental health comes better in school and better night's sleep.

5. Improves the creative mind

Your brain experiences rapid enhancements for problem solving and creativity when napping. The right hemisphere of the brain, which deals with creativity, is cleared when sleeping.

6. Helps to reduce weight gain

When you need sleep, your body increases the production of the hormone grehlin which triggers a hunger response; and by reducing the production of leptin hormone, which makes you feel satisfied.