6 Reasons Why An Internship Is Important For Your Future Career

Internships are definitely an investment for your future.

964
YouTube

What I think is the biggest problem for young adults transitioning into the world field is that you need experience to have experience. In order to do so, an internship gives you just that. Internships are definitely an investment for your future. If you still don't know why you should think about finding a great internship, here are six reasons why:

1. Experience

An internship gives you a real life experience into what your everyday life will look like at work. It exposes you to the real world and lets your practice everything you've learned in college. You even earn a valuable education through your internship, there's always something new to learn.

2. Connections

In order to advance your professional career, it's important to make good relationships within your workforce field. Bring an intern gives you an opportunity to make many connections and gives you a chance to network. This could be very beneficial to your professional career later on. It's important to also keep in touch with people during and after your internship because if a position is open, they'll think of you to fill it! I would recommend having a Linkedin account to keep all your connections together.

3. Resume builder

Having an internship is a great resume builder. When you go to job interviews, the first section your future employer might look at is your experience. Seeing you e done internships shows your experience s and enhances your resume. Also reading about your job tasks and projects done as an intern shows your value and what you bring to the table.

4. Confidence

During your internship, you gain many skills and most of all, you gain confidence. When you're learning on the job and being a college student in training, confidence in what you do is important because it shows through your work. While being an intern, you gain this wonderful trait that you can use not only at work but in life.

5. Possible college credit

Some universities, including my own, offer credit in exchange for having an internship. Depending on the school's policy, you are giving one to six credits for an internship. This is beneficial because this teaches the students to be more responsive with their duties and work harder and give more effort into the profession.

6. You learn more about yourself

This is most important. When you complete your first day as an intern, you come home really happy because pure closer to what you what to do with the future or you think you made the wrong choice. Steve Job once said, “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” Having an internship gives you a clear perspective of who you are. You learn more about yourself, about what you want to do and how you want to live.

It's important to take internships seriously because this could really help you with the next step in your professional career path. Even if you can't get an internship, try to study abroad or take up a foreign language! All of these make you valuable to future employers. Your internship might even lead to a paid summer job or even a full-time employment. So work hard and try to make an impact with the organization/company you make want to work with.