6 Reasons Dwarf Hamsters Are Great Pets

6 Reasons Dwarf Hamsters Are Great Pets

3514

Everyone loves animals, right? Having a pet is a truly rewarding experience filled with companionship and love. However, sometimes dogs and cats can be too expensive or too high maintenance. Or, you could be allergic to them. Well, what if I told you that there is another type of pet out there; a dwarf hamster? Arguably the best type of hamster out there, this little critter is adorable, not costly, and low maintenance.

I know some people think of hamsters as a pet for a child, but hamsters require the attention of an adult because children can be very rough with these small guys. They also require certain care that children may not be able to give them.

So, why would you want to own one of these ridiculous creatures, you might ask? Well, there are a few reasons why.

1. They are small. This is an obvious one, but dwarf hamsters take up very little space. They only require a shelf to put the cage on and a storage bin for bedding, food, and toys. Plus, they require a smaller cage than other breeds of hamsters.

2. They are less noisy than other pets. Dwarf hamsters don't bark or make noise when they walk. The only noise you may hear is them running on the wheel, biting on the cage, or the occasional, but rare, squeak. However, the noise is still not as loud as a dog's bark.

3. They are playful. Dwarf hamsters have a lot of energy. They always want to play. In addition, they have a variety of toys and extensions that you can put on the cage. Or, you can just let them run around and chill out on your shoulders. Basically anywhere is their playscape!

4. They are adorable. Dwarf hamsters are absolutely adorable.Their micro-bodies and fuzzy fur could make the grumpiest person smile. Also, they are so goofy! They do the funniest things! I own two dwarf hamsters and every day they put a smile on my face and make me laugh.

5. They bathe themselves. This is a great perk of dwarf hamsters. They are constantly grooming themselves and never require a bath. Sometimes, dwarf hamsters can even be potty trained!

6. Lastly, they are not costly animals. Dwarf hamsters are not expensive at all. The cage cost is roughly $40, the hamster itself is $15, and food and bedding total $30, but last for a few months.

So why wouldn't you want to own one of these little fluff butts? They are fun, energetic, easy to take care of, and not costly! If you are thinking about getting a pet, consider getting an adorable dwarf hamster!!