Living life out loud online and how to do it right.

6 Reasons You Should Listen To The Podcast 'Directionally Challenged'

No matter how old you are, sometimes life throws curveballs and you need to stop and ask for directions.

359
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoPHkHwjBt1/?taken-by=candicekayla

"Directionally Challenged" is a podcast by Candice King and Kayla Ewell that tackles topics relevant to today's society and discusses them by stopping and asking for directions from various guests.

1. It's hosted by two people on the cast of "The Vampire Diaries"

The podcast is hosted by Candice King and Kayla Ewell, who plays Caroline Forbes and Vicky Donovan in "The Vampire Diaries." The fact that this podcast is done by two celebrities is so significant because it helps you get out of your head thinking that celebrities are not real people with real problems. They struggle just like you do. This is really cool to me because I am a huge fan of "The Vampire Diaries," so it is encouraging to hear that people I look up to are not really as "perfect" as I make them out to be.

2. Podcasts are a great way to learn something, while multi-tasking

Podcasts are just great. They can make you feel more productive because even if you're just sitting in bed listening to a podcast, you can still be learning things and so it does not feel like a complete waste of time and energy. Podcasts are great to listen to when you are doing laundry, making dinner, walking to class, or driving to work. They discuss real topics and listening to podcasts can make you a more productive member of society. It is also enjoyable to hear other people's takes on issues.

3. They bring on special guests that are huge names in today's society

The podcast is set up in a way that they have a problem and they bring on a guest in order to "ask for directions." They have brought on big names such as Becca Tilley from "The Bachelor," Manoush Zomorodi, author of "Bored and Brilliant," and podcaster, Grace Helbig. They are suspected to continue bringing on big names in media and possibly even some people from the cast of "The Vampire Diaries" and "The Originals."

4. We are all a little "directionally challenged" at times

Sometimes we feel like we have it all together and other times we feel as though everything is falling apart, but that is the beauty of life. Sometimes things go the way we planned and sometimes the unexpected happens. The good thing is, we're not alone. At times everyone needs to slow down, stop, and ask for directions.

5. The topics are relatable

The podcast tackles things that everyone struggles with. They talk about instant gratification, tech addiction, comparison, living life out loud online, and many other topics. Each one of these relates to most people in some form or fashion, which makes this podcast worth listening too. You're not alone in your struggles and even celebrities fall victim to instant gratification and comparison too!

6. They're only an hour long

They're short and sweet and to the point. They cover a lot of material in just an hour. They're just as long as they need to be. Long enough to get the points across, but not too long that they become boring or consume too much time.