7 Super Specific Playlists You Didn't Know You Needed In Your Life

Because there's a collection of songs for every situation.

598
http://40.media.tumblr.com/a2c0edd02ef3f07c88e678d188543e4b/tumblr_n72s8hXw8p1qefb3eo1_1280.jpg

1. The Ultimate Hairbrush Songs Playlist, for when your inner sass queen/dork comes out while attempting to clean your room (but actually just dancing around and making a fool of yourself).

If there's any playlist that's an absolute must for your collection, it's a playlist of upbeat, sing-along songs to dance around in your pajamas like a total dork. (Bonus points for the classic air guitar move, pretending your hairbrush is a microphone, or costume changes/mini fashion shows from your closet.)

Recommendations: "Call Me Maybe" and "I Really Like You" by Carly Rae Jepsen, "Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson, "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers, "New Romantics" by Taylor Swift, "Love Myself" by Hailee Steinfield, "Sorry" by Justin Bieber, "Pocketful of Sunshine" by Natasha Bedingfield (Easy A, anyone??)

2. The Long-Drive-In-Public-Transportation Playlist for when you dramatically stare out the window into the distance and pretend you're in a movie/music video.

We've all done this at some point or another (and if you say you haven't, you're totally lying). I mean, who hasn't imagined themselves as the main character in a sad movie or music video, dramatically staring out the window of a bus/train/car and channeling your inner lovesick Adele as slow music plays in the background?

Recommendations: "Medicine" by Daughter, "Long Way Down" by Tom Odell, "Colorblind" by Counting Crows, "Hero" by Regina Spektor, "All I Want" by Kodaline, "In My Veins" by Andrew Belle (ft. Erin McCarley), "Somewhere Only We Know" by Lily Allen

3. The Classic I-Really-Need-To-Get-Sh**-Done-But-Can't-Motivate-Myself-Other-Than-With-Pumped-Up-Music Playlist.

Whether you need to motivate yourself to run a mile at the gym or finally start working on your homework this week, this playlist is for all those people who just need a little kick to get to work. (Because what better way is there to get motivated and excited than with loud, pumped-up music?)

Recommendations: "POWER" and "Stronger" by Kanye West, "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten, "Stressed Out" and "Heavydirtysoul" by Twenty One Pilots, "Work This Body" by WALK THE MOON, "The Sound" by The 1975, "Levels" by Avicii

4. The Major Feels Playlist for when you just really need a good cry and have all those ~feels~ while eating a whole carton of ice cream by yourself.

We all need a good cry now and then (preferably with a warm blanket on the couch and a carton of Ben & Jerry's ice cream) -- but let's face it, would any good cry be done right without an ultimate playlist full of heartbroken, tear-jerking songs to sob into your spoonfuls of Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream?

Recommendations: "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol, "Skinny Love" and "Not About Angels" by Birdy, "The Scientist" by Coldplay, "All Too Well" by Taylor Swift, "Make You Feel My Love" by Adele, "Say Something" by A Great Big World, "She Lays Down" by The 1975

5. The Feel-Good Music Playlist for those sunny days when you put on your headphones, temporarily forgetting all your problems and feeling like you're on top of the world.

This playlist is the ultimate song list for those amazing moments when you're blocking the entire world out with your headphones, suddenly feeling like everything in your life is perfect somehow and just feeling those ~good vibes~ all around.

Recommendations: "Dog Days Are Over" and "Shake It Out" by Florence & The Machine, "Keep Your Head Up" by Andy Grammer, "Roses" by The Chainsmokers, "Electric Love" by BØRNS, "Chocolate" by The 1975, "Feel So Close" by Calvin Harris

6. The Super Chill, Still-In-Pajamas-At-3PM-On-A-Sunday-Morning Playlist for when you feel super lazy and don't feel like doing anything other than just lay in bed all day.

Because sometimes we all just need a day in, doing literally nothing but staying in bed all day and listening to mellow, acoustic music on your speakers (and procrastinating our work) until we finally feel like we can be productive members of society once again.

Recommendations: "The Lazy Song" by Bruno Mars, "Sunday Morning" by Maroon 5, "Photograph" and "The A Team" by Ed Sheeran, "Featherstone" by The Paper Kites, "Sparks" by Coldplay, "Put Your Records On" by Corinne Bailey Rae, "Chasing Pavements" by Adele

7. The Late-Night-Freeway-Drive Playlist, for speeding down the highway at 2am with the windows rolled down and feeling like you could take on the world.

This is a must-have playlist in your music library for those late-night cruises when you're just driving along the highway completely absorbed in the music and nothing else, feeling the wind in your hair and seeing all the city lights through the rolled-down windows of your car.

Recommendations: "Midnight City" and "Wait" by M83, "Heroes" by David Bowie, "There Goes The Fear" by Doves, "Human" by The Killers, "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire, "Midnight" by Lane 8, "A Sky Full of Stars" by Coldplay, "With or Without You" by U2, "Somebody Else" by The 1975