6 shows you must watch after emmy nominations

Here Are My 6 Suggestions Of What To Watch After Knowing This Year's Emmy's Nominees

Emmys are always a reference for the best on TV.

10

As a big fan of the TV, Emmy Awards are a kind of important reference for what I should watch this year. Today, there are too many options. The truth is that we cannot watch all of them, so I like to know which ones are on the top to choose which will be my next favorite TV show.

Here are my recommendations after the 71st Primetime Emmy nominations.

1.    "This Is Us."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqFx3wGxrjQ

This Is Us

You know I love "This Is Us." It is a show where love and family are the most important and we should follow them. I think the third season is not as good as the first two (I did not cry every episode). This last season, they forgot that the best part of the show is watching Jack being the best father and husband of the world. In any case, now we know better about their pasts.

We can be better people only if we watch "This Is Us." You must add this show to your life.

2.    "Better Call Saul."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1xIGfVFb-U

AMC

If you are a fan of "Breaking Bad," you already know "Better Call Saul." What I think is the best of this TV show is how they can work in the same universe but do a completed different show. Of course, I miss Walter White and Jesse, but "Better Call Saul" shows me that you always can improve a success.

The first two seasons were too slow for me, but after the third season, the story has more rhythm and we can have more of the best character of the "Breaking Bad" world. And, we got the best of Mike (who is the best character ever).

3.    "Russian Doll."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHcKoAMGGvY

I was surprised about all the nominations this TV show got. Don't get me wrong; I like it. It is a creative show with a unique story. Actually, Natasha Lyonne is a perfect lead actress who plays the crazy Nadia, the woman who dies over and over (I love when she dies on the stairs like ten times). If you want to watch a short and easy show, "Russian Doll" is for you.

4.   "Chernobyl."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9APLXM9Ei8&t=27s

HBO

"Chernobyl" is the big surprise of the year. When the world was waiting to closet the cycle with "Game of Thrones," "Veep" and "The Big Bang Theory," "Chernobyl" came to change our lives and the way we saw a historical event. I wrote about how great this show is in another article, but here I must say: "Chernobyl" is the best show of the year.

5.   "The Kominsky Method."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjuOTlf5Jb0

I watched this show because it won some important Golden Globes awards and because Michael Douglas is always a good option. The truth is that I am not the target of this show. However, I enjoyed it. It has many good moments, and when you have an excellent cast, it is always easy to get a good show. Also, I give some points to "The Kominsky Method" because it talks about a topic TV does not: elder people.

6.    "Game of Thrones."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnjyu2wHt08

Insider

In 2016, "Game of Thrones" (GOT) became the most awarded series in Emmy Awards history. And after the last nominations, I can say for sure it will win more. For example, only in the category "Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series," GOT has four nominated actresses.

The last season is not the best season by far, but the production is impeccable. If you have not watched GOT, what are you waiting for? If you watched already, go and do again (here are the key episodes). And, please, pay attention to the soundtrack; it is a masterpiece.

There are many fantastic shows I do not include in this article: "Barry," "True Detective," "When They See Us," "Dead to Me," "Veep" and "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel." I have not watched all of them, even"Veep," which has other important records and stars Julia Louis-Dreyfus. All of them are in my must list, but as an average person, I do not have time to watch all the shows are available now.