6 Indisputable Reasons Apartment Life Is Better Than Dorm Life

You're not squished in a 5 by 5 box anymore!

148
Katie Coviello

This year, my school makes the transition from typical dorm life (aka living in a cinderblock cube and communal bathrooms) to apartment-style living.

Let me tell you, it's only been 3 weeks and I already don't know how I survived dorm life. I know, it sounds dramatic but its true I swear. And this is coming from a girl who didn't hate dorm life, probably due to the fact that roommate was stellar, but still, I liked living near all my friends and having our own, tiny space.

That being said, here are 6 purely factual and definitely super indisputable reasons that apartments>dorms.

1. SPACE

You can actually spread out! You are not confined to one room! You! Can! Breathe! Our apartment has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room and a kitchen and it's SO nice to be able to spread out and sit in the living room if I want to lounge with my friends but I can also go to my room if I want to take a nap or study.

2. Having a kitchen

Yes Dad I actually have been cooking very frequently thank you for asking!! I love being able to make myself a quick breakfast (instead of eating a bagel every. day.) or a nice non-dining hall dinner! The only kicker is grocery shopping/cleaning dishes but it's worth it.

3. Private bathrooms

Not having to deal with other peoples shit (literally) is such a blessing.

4. Living room

Having a space for all of us to decorate and host people in is so fricken adult it's insane. Also, gathering here in on Sunday mornings and recounting all of our dumb stories from the weekend is my favorite past time.

5. You get to pretend to be an adult

Without actually being in the real world yet!! But figuring out how to clean up a kitchen or a bathroom and dealing with taking out the trash is actually helpful (I can't believe I admitted that).

6. More friends!!!!!

Living in an apartment means going from one roomie to three!! Cute fam dinners and fam movie nights are the move always and you literally will always have someone to bother when you need attention!