So, this is what you've been waiting for. FREEDOM! You made it through the 4 years of terror, walked across that stage and shook your college presidents hand to receive that diploma and VOILA! You're officially a college graduate. How freakin awesome is that?! I know you never thought you would see the day. I'm sure you've been reminiscing on all the times where you wanted to quit and become a drug dealer and your friends agreed but talked you out of it. It was all worth it at the end because you finished but the thing is you actually finished. You're done.
Now its time for (as they say) "The Real World". We've all been through it. Hell, I'm going through it right now. Adulting is not only a blessing but a curse and with adulting comes some scary realizations you only think about once you've returned back from school.
Here are 6 harsh realities we wish someone would've warned us about before we graduated:
1. Apply for your dream job is easy, but actually getting it is hard.
Seeing all of these opening for jobs give you hope but which one of them are actually going to hire you? Think about it. Don't lose too much hope though.
2. When the job requires 5+ years of experience, but you've only been in school for 4 years.
3. Loans Loan Loans Loans Loan Loans (Rihanna voice)
Need I say more?
4) Knowing the difference between wants and needs.
You want that designer shirt, but do you need it?
5. Living under your parents is not so bad after all
You have loans to pay. So living with your parents is cool for now. It will give you time to save up and get your life together but don't over stay your welcome.
6. Monday to Fridays From 9 To 5 Are A Real Thing
No more napping, no more extra time to thy self, no more time for even a drink of water, no more time for nothing.