6 Hardships Of Having A Long-Distance Friend

So close, yet so far.

17
Wordpress

I am sure many college students leave behind a best friend every year they go back to school. Or maybe, your best friend simply lives quite far away. But that does not mean bonds are broken or damaged. As someone who has friendships that span throughout countries, I have compiled a simple list of hardships we face while trying to connect with all the distance between us.

Sharing News

Something great, funny, or kinda shitty happens, and you cannot just turn to them and explain it. Distance creates a process of texting or calling your friend to hopefully connect in time to tell them. Many times, they get back to us and we may have forgotten why we tried calling in the first place.

Cheating

Do you ever check your best friend's snap story or Facebook and see how much fun they're having without you? Like "Who is that Julia chick, and why is she saying you guys are super close, best friend?"

Time Zones

There is nothing worse than having a friend that lives far away and in a place where time zones do not complement each other.

Movie Nights

I cannot explain the frustration I feel when we attempt to time our movies to the same pace. Nothing worse than you friend laughing at something that hasn't happened yet on your screen.

Explanations

I dislike having people pry and ask me questions about the friend I talk to on Skype all time. "Can't you just make new friends here?" No. I cannot.

Holidays

Nine times out of 10, you are not together for a holiday. Gifts are sent through the mail and wishes are said over the phone.

But I think we all are counting down the days until we are with our close friend in real life. Nothing else really matters, as long as you get to see them eventually.