6 Examples Of The Mandela Effect That Will Drive You Crazy

don't worry you aren't the only one who's upset

2647
Imgur

If you're just hearing about the Mandela Effect for the first time, here's a bit of background knowledge.

The Mandela Effect is an unexplained phenomenon which occurs when a large group of people remember something happening differently than how it actually happened. This all started when a large group of people distinctly remembered Nelson Mandela dying in the 80's while he was in prison when in actuality he later became president of South Africa and died 3 years ago in 2013. An insane amount of people remember news headlines covering his death on TV even though there is no evidence of that happening. So, why do people remember thinking he died 30 years prior to his actual death? Some believe that a rumor was started and people believed it or that their own memory just failed them. Meanwhile, some people are convinced that it happened the way they remember and our so confident that they believe we're crossing data with a parallel universe. Just wait until you hear some more examples and see how you feel about it all

1. The Bernstain Bears

So many teens and 20-something year olds are going crazy over this children's show they watched while growing up. So many people remember the name of this iconic bear family without a doubt being The Bernstein Bears rather than Bernstain. Nope, it's always been an a and it's driving people insane.

2. Jif Peanut Butter

If you regularly browse the condiment isle in the grocery store and have stumbled across the quite large peanut butter and jelly selection you may remember the famous peanut butter brand being called Jiffy when it's actually just Jif. I mean, Jiffy sounds much cuter, no wonder it caught on, but still... mind blown!

3. The Wolf and the Lamb

If you're familiar with the bible or even have just heard of this famous biblical story in which another animal lies down with the lamb, some of the most religious people I know would answer in a heartbeat that that animal is a lion. This biblical is known by more than just christians even non-religious people recall the animals in the bible being the lion and the lamb. What if I told you that the bible actually never mentions a lion who lays with the lamb in fact it's a wolf? The wolf and the lamb doesn't even sound right.

4. "No, I am the father"

All you star wars fans out there, prepared to cry because one of the most famous lines in movie history actually never happened. When Darth Vader revealed his identity to Luke Skywalker he never said, "Luke, I am your father" as people have been quoting on social media and on memorabilia for as long as we can remember. He actually never even mentioned Luke's name. Luke told him he knew about his father and Darth Vader responded "No, I am the father". The father? That's cringe worthy.

5. "Life was like a box of chocolates"

Another very famous movie line that we got wrong. Forest Gump sits on the bench with his candy and many remember him saying, "life is like a box of chocolates..." and we've repeated the line this way for years when all clips prove he actually said, "life WAS like a box of chocolates". Again, I don't know how so many people can misquote such a famous line, but I guess we've done it more than once.

6. "Magic mirror on the wall"

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse. This one probably pretty much makes me question my entire childhood because in Snow White I've always remembered the queen asking, "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?". I should have known it was too good to be true because she really refers to the mirror as "Magic Mirror" not "Mirror, mirror". This has definitely got me feeling some type of way.