6 Easy and Cheap Halloween Costume Ideas

Halloween is almost here! If you're like me, you plan what you're going to wear at the last minute. Last year, I was minnie mouse; the costume was literally just a black dress and minnie mouse ears I bought at Disney a few years ago. Still need some ideas? Read on.

6) Alvin

I did this costume back in high school; it's a really easy one to pull off if you have some crafting skills. All you need is a plain red sweatshirt, some yellow felt, and fabric interfacing (can be found at any craft store). Cut the felt and interfacing together into the signature "A" shape, then with an iron press it onto the front of the sweatshirt. The interfacing will act like a glue and stick the felt onto the sweatshirt. For the ears, it's just a headband and two pieces of dark and light brown felt cut into the ear shape and glued together with fabric glue.

5) Football Fan

This costume is also really easy. All you need is a sports jersey. That's it. Maybe some face makeup if you want to go all out, but it's a simple and casual costume.

4) Minnie or Mickey Mouse

Do you have old mouse ears lying around from that Disney World trip a few years ago? All you need is a black dress (or a black shirt and red pants if you want to be Mickey) and the costume is complete.

3) Retail Worker

This is definitely one that is out of the box, but it works. All you need for this is the uniform and name tag for a retail job. It can be a past job or a current one.

2) The Bachlorette

All you need for this one is a sparkly dress, some high heels, and a single rose.

1) Where's Waldo?

For this costume, get a striped red and white shirt, matching hat, and thick, circular, black glasses.